The Nerdalius
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
User Menu
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 129 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:52 pm
Latest topics
» The Site Has Moved!
Indus City Royal Castle I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 11:04 am by DillPickles

» The Time Has Come
Indus City Royal Castle I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 9:29 am by DillPickles

» Your daily ragers
Indus City Royal Castle I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 9:07 am by Zaio Volnutt

» Naling667's Character list
Indus City Royal Castle I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 12:17 pm by Zaio Volnutt

» Laury's intro
Indus City Royal Castle I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 4:51 pm by Collin Cassell

» High Society Affiliation Request
Indus City Royal Castle I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 7:27 pm by DJ Sammy

» Your Win Of The Day
Indus City Royal Castle I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 8:21 am by Necruta

» Nerdalius Banner Tournament
Indus City Royal Castle I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 2:00 pm by DillPickles

» Lyn's Artwork
Indus City Royal Castle I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 3:17 pm by Lyn PixSkitt

Indus City Royal Castle

Go down

Indus City Royal Castle Empty Indus City Royal Castle

Post by Seraph Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:25 pm

THUD!

I should be happy for them.

THUD!

But this puts them in even more danger.

THUD!

Why did this blindside me so bad?

THUD THUD THUD!

They've been friends for years.

THUD!

I should've never hoped.

THUD THUD!

Everything's-

THUD

fucking-

THUD

falling-

THUD

apart.

THUD!

Tara sat down on the roof of the castle against a psychic wall. Her hands were raw and bleeding freely yet again. She ran them through her hair, her beret and bag on the roof at her side. The news that her Ladyship and Layfon were engaged hit her hard. Her sister and her best friend. No. She wasn't sure if she could still consider him her best friend, as she had been dead to him for a little under eight months. Showing back up now only hurt him. She hadn't been there for the both of them. She was a terrible friend and a terrible bodyguard.

Coming back was a horrid idea. She fully understood that. But she had to make Stefan aware of the situation. Her eyes traveled down to look at her bag, where she had put a letter to show him. They know, she thought to herself darkly. She knows. She had gotten the letter the day before she left for Indus City. It was the reason she had left Terminal at all.

"Damn you Death, damn you to hell," she muttered into the sky. She hadn't thought she would be found out this soon if at all. Miki's appearance threw all her careful planning out the window. If she hadn't gone full power she would have died. She wouldn't have been discovered, but that was besides the point. Of course her first thought had been of her Ladyship's safety. Yet she had arrived in Indus City two days prior and not done anything. She had been too afraid of what might happen on her return.

She wiped a tear away from red eyes, smearing blood across her face. Her knuckles felt raw against her skin. She hadn't gone far enough to break any bones, but they still stung. Hadn't that been the point? She wasn't sure anymore. Her emotions were taking over. Then again, why wouldn't they? She felt as if she put her Ladyship into unnecessary danger just by returning, and now Layfon as well. If that group of civilians got involved too...

I'm a coward and a fool, she thought. I'm so good at dodging Princess and yet I can't dodge something like this. I'm selfish. I'm an artist. I'm an idiot. I'm their friend. I'm...I'm...

"I don't know who I am anymore."

The realization scared her. She hated being scared, being powerless. Standing back up, she returned to punching the invisible wall, venting her frustration at herself out. Being able to keep her cool was something she took pride in. Self destructing like this was going to hurt her more than anything anyone else could do. It was how she kept it all in. But that facade was cracking fast. She was losing her edge.

THUD!

Am I my birthright? Sharron's older sister?

THUD!

Am I her bodyguard? Her guardian angel?

THUD!

Am I the artist I made myself? My passion?

THUD THUD!

Am I the angel of death? Azrael?

THUD THUD THUD!

Am I what they molded me to be?

THUD!

Am I me?

She was losing herself.
Seraph
Seraph

Warning Level (Forum) : No Warnings
Warning Level (Chat) : No Warnings

Character Sheet
Name: Seraph
Passive/Aggressive: Passive
Health Points:
Indus City Royal Castle Left_bar_bleue100/100Indus City Royal Castle Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Indus City Royal Castle Empty Re: Indus City Royal Castle

Post by Seraph Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:49 pm

Sharron sat in the castle infirmary next to a bed where Tara was sleeping. She placed a cool cloth on Tara’s forehead. She had been there most of the night along with the Governess, an elderly woman who had taken care of her since her birth. Tara had taken the blow for her, so she felt it was her responsibility to help treat her wounds.

Tara shifted in the bed. Her eyes opened to slits. She glanced around, then saw Sharron sitting beside her. "Sis...sis.....?" Tara whimpered with a pained expression. She reached over to where Sharron was sitting, not fully trusting her eyes that she was next to her.

"I'm here, Tara, I'm right here," Sharron replied, taking her bandaged hand. Tara opened her eyes fully. Her expression softened. So long as she was the only one in a bed there, she could take whatever happened.

"Are you injured, m'lady?" she asked, not realizing she had subconsciously called Sharron her sister.

"No, I'm fine.” Sharron shook her head.

Tara’s eyes traveled to Sharron’s attire. "But there's blood on your clothes-"

"Your blood, not mine,” Sharron interrupted. “And what have I told you about calling me formally? It's just Sharron when we're alone. Please." As dedicated as Tara was, Sharron had to constantly remind her that they were closer than bodyguard and ward.

"As you wish, Sharron." Tara stared at the ceiling, still holding Sharron’s hand. She was okay. That’s all she could ask. Her ward was okay. Thank heavens, she thought, squeezing Sharron’s hand.

“You never told me you had a sister,” Sharron mentioned.

Tara’s face flushed. “It was never important,” she replied.

“What was she like?” Sharron asked.

“You really want to know?” Tara shot back instead. When Sharron nodded, she sighed, but kept talking. “She’d be about your age by now, I think. She’s extremely kind, sticks her neck out for other people, so much so that it worries her parents. She’s got a strong heart and a strong mind. I know she’s a metahuman but I don’t recall her ability. It’s gotta be strong, though. After all, she is my sister. I just wish…” she trailed off.

“Wish what?” Sharron encouraged.

“I just wish I could’ve been there for her more, especially when she needed me,” Tara finished.

Sharron squeezed her hand. “It’s okay. You’ve been there for me like a sister. Whoever your sister is, I’m sure she’s doing just fine.” She moved the cloth on Tara’s forehead a bit. “You should get some sleep.”

“Thanks Sharron.” Tara smiled genuinely for once in her life, then let go of Sharron’s hand and closed her eyes.

“Can someone do a blood test on Tara?” Sharron asked the Governess as the woman entered the room.

“Sir Alseif should have already done so when she came to work for us. I can retrieve the results for you if you’d really like,” the older woman replied.

“Yes please,” Sharron nodded. “There’s something I’d like to know.”
Seraph
Seraph

Character Sheet
Health Points:
Indus City Royal Castle Left_bar_bleue100/100Indus City Royal Castle Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:07 pm

“Yeah, Chijinda? I'm stuck here for a few days because, apparently, her Ladyship has a cowardly older sister," Tara began to rant on her cell phone as she slowly walked off from the main audience chamber. She couldn’t believe she had gotten dragged out of a sick bed for that. She was livid.

“.....?”

"Almost, but not quite. They're not letting anyone leave until the matter of succession is settled, not even the kids. We're basically prisoners here!"

"..."

"Now I am."

“.......”

"The Assini happened. More accurately, Death happened." Her tone turned sour.

“..................”

“At this point I’m almost ready to try teleporting out of here,” she mentioned with a bit more force than she intended. “It’d put me out of commission for at least a week, but I’m this close to doing it anyway. This close. Stefan’s just about sent me over the edge here.”

“...”

"I'm calm, I'm calm. My head's clear, I'm calming down...there, I'm better." Her voice shifted from quick cold impersonality back to her usual sarcastic self. Thanks partner, almost lost myself there, she inwardly joked darkly. That would’ve been the perfect icing on the cake. I’m calm.

“........................?”

“He’s my direct superior.”

“.........?”

“Once or twice, though if what you said about my psychokinesis being countered is a possibility, count those times out.”

“................................................”

“I know, I know. The kids do have a meeting with Lord Suraius at noon, though…”

“............?”

“Exactly. But knowing Stefan that’s exactly what he’s expecting me to do. I’m stuck between a rock and a 9H pencil!” She exclaimed loudly. A couple servants turned their heads. She ducked behind a column, fase flushing.

“...”

“I’m calm, I’m calm.”

“...........”

“I know-”

“..................................................................”

“Hm. Or…”

“.......?”

“I take option number three and not give him the satisfaction. I’ll be back soon. Stay safe, partner.”

She hung up and put the phone back into her pocket. Her mindless wandering had brought her in front of a very familiar door in the knights’ end of the castle. Which was convenient for her, as it was exactly where she needed to be.

Pulling a key from her pocket, she unlocked the door, then slunk inside. At first her old room looked as it did the night before, and so many nights ago, but something was amiss. Someone had been here before her, she could tell. Her stealth suit laid on her bed, neatly folded. The chair usually in the corner was against the middle of the wall. She didn’t really mind that someone had been in. There wasn’t much in there she needed to worry about someone taking.

She turned to the full length mirror hanging on the wall. She hadn’t gotten the chance to see just how much of a mess she was. It wasn’t as bad as she had originally thought. Her bandages had been changed right before Stefan’s little ‘announcement’, and her face wasn’t as bruised as she figured. She rolled up a sleeve of the loose shirt she had been given to inspect her arm. One of the knife wounds seemed to be healing nicely for what it was.

Gingerly she pulled off the shirt, then turned away from the mirror. She looked over her shoulder at the large rose tattoo peeking out from under the bandages on her back. Hers was larger than most. Size normally didn’t matter, though. It all came down to the number of petals. Not that she had to worry about that. She had more than enough petals to prove her worth.

She closed her eyes, breathing deeply. A phrase came to her lips that she chanted almost subconsciously. “May the petals wither and fall, and may the fires of life breath their ashes. As the rose exists to be beheld, so do we exist to serve those who behold it.”

Her eyes opened slightly. She hated leaving things half finished. Paintings always had to be completed, even if she didn’t like how they were turning out. What good was giving up on something she had already put so much time and effort into? Someone would appreciate it, if not her.

“No more running away,” she affirmed for herself. “No more reservations. I exist to serve, and it’s high time I serve myself.”

Sighing, she grabbed a pen and paper, and started writing furiously. She finished in under five minutes. She read over her work and laughed out loud. There was no way she could pass that off as an official memo. It needed to be rewritten in a more eloquent manner. “I don’t have the patience for that kind of bullshit” could be reworded much less brashly.

When she was finished with the proper memo, she began properly dressing. She pulled on the skin tight stealth suit over the bandages, being careful not to rub them out of place. It still felt as natural as when she regularly wore it. It had been her second skin for years. It was time to take it out of retirement.

Then she pulled a knight’s uniform out from the closet. She brushed some dust off the shoulders. It had been a very long time since she had worn it. She shook it out. More dust flew across the room, making her cough. She was pleasantly surprised to find it still fit her after being away for so long.

The last step was strapping her daggers to her legs. She much prefered carrying the tonfa, but she was much more proficient with bladed weapons. It’s why she carried tonfa in the first place. They were almost strictly for self defense and they made it more difficult to fight. That was the point for her. You can’t assassinate anyone with a tonfa.

She stopped herself as she reached for her beret. It wasn’t proper to wear a hat inside the castle. Some even thought it disrespectful. But if she was breaking tradition anyway, who cared? Stefan wouldn’t chastise her for it. The only one who might say something would be Darren, but she figured he had too much to worry about.

If her Ladyship objects, I’ll take it off, she decided. The color matched nicely with the rest of the ensemble. It brought a smile to her lips, the old and the new coming together so nicely.

Stuffing the paper into a pocket, she headed out, locking the door behind her. She would serve as her Ladyship’s bodyguard one last time so nothing went wrong during the kids’ meeting. Then she had to talk with Stefan.
Seraph
Seraph

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down