The Nerdalius
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
User Menu
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 129 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:52 pm
Latest topics
» The Site Has Moved!
New Heraldic Beast Support!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 11:04 am by DillPickles

» The Time Has Come
New Heraldic Beast Support!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 9:29 am by DillPickles

» Your daily ragers
New Heraldic Beast Support!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 9:07 am by Zaio Volnutt

» Naling667's Character list
New Heraldic Beast Support!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 12:17 pm by Zaio Volnutt

» Laury's intro
New Heraldic Beast Support!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 4:51 pm by Collin Cassell

» High Society Affiliation Request
New Heraldic Beast Support!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 7:27 pm by DJ Sammy

» Your Win Of The Day
New Heraldic Beast Support!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 8:21 am by Necruta

» Nerdalius Banner Tournament
New Heraldic Beast Support!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 2:00 pm by DillPickles

» Lyn's Artwork
New Heraldic Beast Support!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 3:17 pm by Lyn PixSkitt

New Heraldic Beast Support!!!

Go down

New Heraldic Beast Support!!! Empty New Heraldic Beast Support!!!

Post by Mashadar Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:34 am

Heraldic Beast Amphisbaena

Level 4/Wind/Dragon
1700/1100
You can discard 1 other "Heraldic Beast" monster; Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn: You can discard 1 "Heraldic Beast" monster; this card gains 800 ATK until the End Phase.

Number 18: Heraldic Progenitor Plain-Coat

Rank 4
Light // Psychic // effect
2200 // 2200
2 Level 4 monsters
During either player's turn, if there are 2 or more monsters on the field with the same name: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 of those monsters; destroy all other monsters on the field with the same name as that target. While this card is face-up on the field, your opponent cannot Summon another monster with the same name as that target. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can send 2 "Heraldic Beast" monsters from your Deck to the Graveyard.

Augment Heraldry

Field spell:
All Psychic-Type Xyz Monsters cannot be targeted by Spell/Trap effects. Once per turn: You can discard 1 "Heraldic Beast" monster; add 1 "Heraldry" Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand, except "Augment Heraldry". If you activate this effect, you cannot Normal or Special Summon any monsters for the rest of this turn, except Psychic-Type Xyz Monsters and "Heraldic Beast" monsters.

I have always been an avid fan and player of Heraldic Beasts. However they only got two sets of release, and while they felt like a complete archetype, they still left a little to be desired. These new cards set to be released in Legacy of the Valiant fit the bill of everything i ever wanted out of my deck! First Amphisbaena helps with setting up plays by allowing first turn xyzs and such. And his discard also helps send Aberconways and Leos to the grave for set up. On top of that he is a dragon and wind which allows even more options for Chidori shenanigans.
The new xyz seems situational at first, clearly was designed to go with Genome Heritage, also you could troll the crap out of harpies and CYDRAs but other than that it is pretty lackluster. It's the second effect of this gem that really makes it shine and an instant staple. Being able to target mill any 2 Heraldics is too good, it makes almost every Heraldic beast usable. Aberconway and Leo are the obvious first targets but this also makes running Unicorn very possible, something I have always wanted to do but couldn't. You could also send an eagle for later use, bottom line is that this card is something we have always needed, good target milling.
And finally the field spell. O.M.G. I was holding it in but after reading this card I shat a rainbow. There are two cards that are responsible for making Heraldics competitive, They are Heraldry Reborn a.k.a. our own monster reborn, and Advanced Heraldry Art a.k.a. Miracle Fusion for xyzs. The problem was that for our big plays we needed these cards and there was no way of searching them. Never. And I mean never did I even dream that a day would come where we would get a searcher for these cards. This one card creates the consistency that the deck so badly needed. Add in the s/t protection as a bonus and you have the perfect Heraldry field spell.

Anyways with these new cards I firmly believe that Heraldics will become a solid tier 2 deck. anyone have any thoughts of their own? Feel free to comment and discuss!
Mashadar
Mashadar

Warning Level (Forum) : No Warnings
Warning Level (Chat) : No Warnings

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:
New Heraldic Beast Support!!! Left_bar_bleue100/100New Heraldic Beast Support!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down