The Nerdalius
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
User Menu
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 129 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:52 pm
Latest topics
» The Site Has Moved!
Welcome to Terminal! [PLOT EVENT] I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 11:04 am by DillPickles

» The Time Has Come
Welcome to Terminal! [PLOT EVENT] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 9:29 am by DillPickles

» Your daily ragers
Welcome to Terminal! [PLOT EVENT] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 9:07 am by Zaio Volnutt

» Naling667's Character list
Welcome to Terminal! [PLOT EVENT] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 12:17 pm by Zaio Volnutt

» Laury's intro
Welcome to Terminal! [PLOT EVENT] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 4:51 pm by Collin Cassell

» High Society Affiliation Request
Welcome to Terminal! [PLOT EVENT] I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 7:27 pm by DJ Sammy

» Your Win Of The Day
Welcome to Terminal! [PLOT EVENT] I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 8:21 am by Necruta

» Nerdalius Banner Tournament
Welcome to Terminal! [PLOT EVENT] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 2:00 pm by DillPickles

» Lyn's Artwork
Welcome to Terminal! [PLOT EVENT] I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 3:17 pm by Lyn PixSkitt

Welcome to Terminal! [PLOT EVENT]

+8
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Weiss Schnee
Dullahan
Decade
Kirua Kiragaia
colbyace23
Zaio Volnutt
Razren
12 posters

Go down

Welcome to Terminal! [PLOT EVENT] Empty Welcome to Terminal! [PLOT EVENT]

Post by Razren Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:44 am

As all the students gathered in the assembly hall, there were murmurs of conversation on what exactly was going to happen next. Everyone had heard about the "ruthless" initiation test Alex had devised, but no one knew what it was.  A woman walked out to the front of the stage and seemed to create a ball of light from her hands that caused everyone to cover their eyes and become quiet rather fast. The woman had long red hair and piercing blue eyes. She was wearing a regal gray dress and black skirt with matching black heels.
"Now that I have all your attention...allow me to welcome you to Terminal University. My name is Martha Lovegood, Assistant Dean of this school. I hope you all consider yourselves lucky to get to be here at our prestigious university. But no need to listen to me yammer on. Your Dean, Alex Burke, would like to talk with you all for a moment."

As she finished everyone looked around to find Alex. They saw him entering from behind the stage. He was a well built man with medium length brown hair, brown eyes covered by glasses, and a smile on his face as he walked out. He wore very formal attire, consisting of a black suit with a green tie. He walked out right in front of Martha and scanned the crowd.

The smile he had one seemed to fade and he breathed a heavy sigh. "I hope you all have settled yourselves into the city rather nicely? I do understand the city can be quite confusing for the newcomers....but it appears you all made it here just fine.

I do wonder what you think of our school though...I like to think it's a rather nice school." He stopped himself for a few moments before speaking another line. "To die in." As he finished saying that, a lot of the students in the room seemed to gasp at how seriously he said that. Others felt it was a challenge, while some seemed to just not have any strong feelings whatsoever. As the talking died down, Alex began to speak again.

"Yes. Everything that you have experienced up to this point, is nothing compared to what awaits you inside these walls. You may have heard rumor of this school having a high death rate. That is completely accurate. If you slack off, you die. Let's hope you have the sense to get past even our initiation..." He trailed off as he left the stage. 

Martha seemed to have a smile on her face as she looked out at the reactions of the crowd. She cleared her throat to have the talking die down. "Your first task is simple. In an hour, there is going to be a boat pulling into our port. Step onto it and await further instructions. That is all." She strode off as she finished, leaving the students to their own devices for now.

Last edited by Razren on Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Razren
Razren
Roleplay Master

Warning Level (Forum) : No Warnings
Warning Level (Chat) : No Warnings

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:
Welcome to Terminal! [PLOT EVENT] Left_bar_bleue100/100Welcome to Terminal! [PLOT EVENT] Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Terminal! [PLOT EVENT] Empty Re: Welcome to Terminal! [PLOT EVENT]

Post by Zaio Volnutt Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:14 pm

After a few minutes of skateboarding Hibiki reached Terminal University finding a lot of faces that seems familiar but he cant seem to find Cara though. "It looks like the ceremony is about to start good thing i hovered my way through this city or id look ridiculously flustered".

Assembly Hall
Everyone around him are puttin a low toned conversations with other new students about the initiation that Dean Alex has in store for all of them Hibiki wasnt bothered by it as he feels ready enough to take any challenge the school's gonna put up for him.
The conversations broke when a woman with red hair dressed in a black and grey attire appears on the stage shining a ball of blinding light.After that the Dean himself arrived on the stage giving the sort of thing that he must have told every single year asterall he was quite serious when he mentioned the phrase "to die in".Hibiki thought to himself"Ok Hibiki this is the real deal get ready"|.After that was over the he instructed that the initiation will begin in one hour.

"One hour huh i guess ill find something to do before it starts.As he leaves the assembly hall heading for the next location he bumps into a pale looking boy with silver spiky hair he has a mysterious aura around him Hibiki responded "im so sorry about that didn't see you there, you alright man?".
Zaio Volnutt
Zaio Volnutt
King Of Posts

Character Sheet
Name: Ryuji Tetsuo
Passive/Aggressive: Passive
Health Points:
Welcome to Terminal! [PLOT EVENT] Left_bar_bleue100/100Welcome to Terminal! [PLOT EVENT] Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by colbyace23 Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:41 pm

as Ciro ented completely tired out for running. thinking I'm going to be late having another 3 min to spare when he got there he looks around seeing a fair amount of people.

a ball of light comes and gets all and people attention. then a man with glasses comes on stage the must be the head master or something then he heard it "I do wonder what you think of our school though...I like to think it's a rather nice school To die in " Ciro does not know to be more surprised about he gave it so straight or he worrying people when they first even time here at the school.

"an hour hu when gives me some time" then when he started out thinking I'm hungry maybe cheese cake I might find Laromi there as well.

Last edited by colbyace23 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
colbyace23
colbyace23
Advanced Member

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirua Kiragaia Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:44 pm

Takanosuke was in front of Terminal University the place where his new future begins.He puts his finger on his forehead and goes to his seat in the ceremony. He noticed some people were looking at him as if he was a criminal. So he smiled and said: "Hows it going?" the people who were staring at him looked to each other and then looked straight forward. He didn't know whether the people knew how many people he killed, or which important people they know he killed. He was thinking everyone there were psychopaths. He looked in the same direction they were looking and saw a very bright light. He was Dazzled by how bright it was. He had never seen that much light in his life. Then he saw a shadow going into the light. when the light disappeared he saw a tall man with glasses standing in front of a microphone. Takanosuke thought he was the head master of the university because he looked much more formal than anyone else there. He said with a formal voice: "I do wonder what you think of our school though...I like to think it's a rather nice school To die in " Takanosuke glared at him when he looked directly at him. The head master left the stage leaving everyone else puzzled. Then he read the light that appeard on the ceiling: "1 hour until the ceremony starts." Then he decided go to the university cafeteria to get something to eat. when he was trying to find a place to sit he knew everyone else wouldn't sit by him so he found a table with nobody there.He took the spot. and pulled out a ham sandwich and when he took a bite there were four guys who surrounded the lone table.They said: "Hows the sandwich?" "It is actually pretty good." Takanosuke said.
Then the guys surrounded Takanosuke and then started to thrust a punch at Takanosuke. He knew he should've used his powers but he didn't and took all of the punches untill he turned pale. And when the guys left he was lunchless. He had no more food and then decided to go to the ceremony 5 minutes early.

Last edited by DarkChampionCaliburn on Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kirua Kiragaia
Kirua Kiragaia
Advanced Member

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Decade Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:58 pm

"So this is the place huh?"

"Don't act like you're not surprised."

"I'm not. I just...didn't expect it to be so big"

A soft laugh is heard from the white car as Tsukiko stares out at the academy in front of him. Large, beautiful slick buildings strecthed around a large campus as students of all ages walked around, chatting away or showing off their abilities to each other. Most students seemed to turn their focus to a single building on the end, most likely the assembly hall he was supposed to go to. While hiding his feeling outside, inside the boys' emotions were clashing rapidly. Amazement, wonder, confusion, insecurity, fear, but most of all, hope. Hope that he had been searching four years to find.

And yet that hope was still bridled with fear. What if he couldn't do it? What if all this came to be nothing? What if after everything he had been through, he couldn't control it. Or worse, what if someone got hurt before he could find his answers. Wh-

"You okay? Are you sure you don't want me to come with you and show you where to go?"

Tsukikos thoughts were brought to a halt at the feminine voice from the car. Breathing out calmly his gaze turns to the window as he smiles.

"No, it's fine. If I can't do this much now, how can I expect to be able to do anything else here. Besides I don't wish to waste anymore of your time on me. You no doubt have bigger things to get back too and worry about."

Silence rings out for a bit before the figure in the car nods and starts the car up, "I suppose you're right. Still don't think that just because I'm a scientist, that I won't just sit by and let you face this yourself. True I will mostly be busy and have other task to attend too at times, but I gave you my number for a reason after all. If any emergency comes up, anything important, or if you need information, just give me a call. Though make SURE it's an actual emergency, I won't be your babysitter after all."

"I know." Tsukiko states as he picks up his bag and turns towards the academy. However before he takes the first step he stops.

"Lancaster-san"

"Hmm?"

The car floats in place for a few moments as neither say a word.

"Arigato...."

Though not looking back at the window of the car, Tsukiko can feel the expression of the woman through it, and can imagine the smile on her face.

"Don't go dying you hear. A-byss-kun."

Tsukikos eyes narrow as he turns to speak only to stop seeing the car fly off at high speeds away from the academy. As he watches her fly, he can't help but feel his lips curl upwards. That woman may be a bit annoying, but she wasn't half bad.

Closing his eyes and taking a breath to calm himself, Tsukiko reaches into his pocket and pulls out a map of the academy given by Lancaster. He opens it and stares for a few minutes before looking upwards.

"Alright then. Let's get this started."

10 minutes later...

"Too crowded..."

Tsukiko stares silently about at the hundreds of potential students lined up in the assembly hall. It hadn't taken him long to figure out which building he need to go to was, considering it was the same one every student seemed to be heading towards. The problem was once he got inside. It was crowded with students, that didn't surprise him, but it did make it more difficult to move around and not worry. Eventually he found a nice quiet corner in the far back of the hall away from everyone else, as his gaze focused on each and every one of them.

He was partly shocked. He knew this was a school for...people like him. But he never expected there to be so many. In the past four years he had only met a handful of others who could do things beyond human, and yet, he was now surrounded by hundreds of them. It was a bit overwhelming.

"Yet I'm the one whose cursed...."

Tsukiko's gaze turns downward sadly as he leans against the wall in silence. However that silence was broken as a bright flash caught his gaze. Wincing slightly at the brightness Tsukiko turned his gaze upwards and towards the source of the light.

"Now that I have all your attention...allow me to welcome you to Terminal University. My name is Martha Lovegood, Assistant Dean of this school. I hope you all consider yourselves lucky to get to be here at our prestigious university. But no need to listen to me yammer on. Your Dean, Alex Burke, would like to talk with you all for a moment."

Tsukiko listened silently to the well dressed woman before his gaze snaps at the figure who steps behind the curtain.

"So that's the big guy huh?" Tsukiko comments silently as he stares out at the figure Lancaster had told him about. Watching calmly he focuses his hearing as the man clears his throat.

"I hope you all have settled yourselves into the city rather nicely? I do understand the city can be quite confusing for the newcomers....but it appears you all made it here just fine.

I do wonder what you think of our school though...I like to think it's a rather nice school." He stopped himself for a few moments before speaking another line. "To die in."

Tsukiko's eyes narrow despite the gasp and talk among the students.

"Yes. Everything that you have experienced up to this point, is nothing compared to what awaits you inside these walls. You may have heard rumor of this school having a high death rate. That is completely accurate. If you slack off, you die. Let's hope you have the sense to get past even our initiation..."

As he steps away and lets his assistant speak, Tsukiko closes his eyes silently.

"Looks like she was right about his speech. Guy certainly knows how to intimidate people."

Tsukiko's eyes suddenly snap open and narrow.

"But I won't let that stop me. I've come too far now. So send whatever challenges you have, whatever test you might possess, or whatever dangers sleep in this academy."

Tsukiko pushes himself off the wall and grabs his bag as he turns towards the doors.

"Because no matter what happens, I won't ever give up."

As he opens the doors and walks out though, his eyes widen as he feels his powers activating. Tsukiko's eyes quickly shift color as he forces the energy to stop, only to be smacked into something and fall to the ground.

"I'm so sorry about that didn't see you there, you alright man?".
Decade
Decade
Dedicated Member

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dullahan Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:52 pm

Laromi had finally reached Terminal University, where his new city life will inevitably begin.  Upon arriving, he saw waves upon waves of students flooding the entrance to the assembly hall.

"Huh, I guess I gotta go through there." He said to himself in discomfort.  "I have to go through that way, but there are so many people blocking the way.  I guess I can understand that, the GPS unit says the orientation is being held in the assembly hall. Maybe Ciro already made it inside."  Laromi sighed heavily to himself.  "Man, this is going to be a real stretch on my personal space."  With caution, Laromi followed the wave of students to the assembly hall, trying to ignore those to unintentionally invade his personal space.

Finally after much walking, Laromi made it to the assembly hall.  Chatter filled the hall to no extent.

"Man, I hope everyone would shut up." Suddenly, a ball of light flashed from out of nowhere, and the atmosphere turned quiet. The bright flash temporarily blinded poor Laromi.

"Agh! what the heck?! That sort of hurt!"  Proceeded with the flash, a mysterious woman gave her speech:

"Now that I have all your attention...allow me to welcome you to Terminal University. My name is Martha Lovegood, Assistant Dean of this school. I hope you all consider yourselves lucky to get to be here at our prestigious university. But no need to listen to me yammer on. Your Dean, Alex Burke, would like to talk with you all for a moment."  Laromi's blindness starts to clear up, but everything he saw was still blurry.  what he could barely make out was a black suited man, standing on the stage.

"I hope you all have settled yourselves into the city rather nicely? I do understand the city can be quite confusing for the newcomers....but it appears you all made it here just fine.

I do wonder what you think of our school though...I like to think it's a rather nice school." He stopped himself for a few moments before speaking another line. "To die in."  Everyone gasped in shock to what he said.

"Oh, great." Laromi said to himself.  "No super human academy would be complete without any students dying."  He critiqued to himself sarcastically.

"Yes. Everything that you have experienced up to this point, is nothing compared to what awaits you inside these walls. You may have heard rumor of this school having a high death rate. That is completely accurate. If you slack off, you die. Let's hope you have the sense to get past even our initiation..." quiet murmors of uncertainty filled the assembly hall, as if some students are reconsidering dropping out of the school already.

"Hmm, that does sound a little interesting.  Maybe I might actually like this school after all."  Laromi's vision cleared up slightly more, and he noticed the students already leaving the assembly hall after the man's speech.  "I did promise Ciro that I'd find him after orientation.  I should go and find him."  Laromi navigated through the assembly hall with caution until his vision will come back fully to him, in search for his new friend.
Dullahan
Dullahan

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Schnee Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:27 pm

Cara reached the university. She noted the many futuristic looking buildings and couldn't help but gape in amazement. Even in Indus City itself tech never got this grand. The GPS told her to go to a nearby building to register herself as a student. Upon entering the building it appeared to be a normal looking office complex that had a front desk marked "Registration". She approached the desk and waited until a man poked his head around a corner and saw her.

"Excuse me Miss, are you here to register for Terminal?" She simply nodded in response.

"Alright then, can I get your name?" He said as he began typing on the keyboard of a computer next to him.

"Cara Suraius." Cara said in response. She felt uncomfortable in here. It was too noisy. Between the typing of keyboards there was also beeps and various other sounds that made her ears hurt. As she raised her hand to scratch at it, she noticed the man give her a look before quickly coughing and checking himself.

"Yes, you're right here miss. Let me scan out your student ID card and you'll be free to go. Keep a good eye on it though, if you don't have your student ID, you can't get into the school through the main gate when it's closed."

Cara nodded and grabbed the card from the man. As she left she decided to examine the card. It appeared to be a standard business size card with her picture in the top left corner. There also appeared to be a number sprawled across the bottom. "13879250, huh? So I'm numbered...just like elementary school."

Cara simply put the card away until she arrived at the gates of the University itself. The gate's AI system asked her to present her card, it scanned the card, and let her in. She noted everyone seemed to be heading towards a particular building so she decided to follow, knowing she would more than likely get a chance to explore campus later. Upon arriving in the assembly hall she almost wanted to cover her ears.

"Too loud..." She looked for an area to hide from the noise and noticed a lone silver haired boy sitting in the corner. Before she had a chance to talk to him however, a bright ball of light blinded her slightly as the noise died down.

"Now that I have all your attention...allow me to welcome you to Terminal University. My name is Martha Lovegood, Assistant Dean of this school. I hope you all consider yourselves lucky to get to be here at our prestigious university. But no need to listen to me yammer on. Your Dean, Alex Burke, would like to talk with you all for a moment." was what the voice behind the light said.

Cara noted the woman looked extremely beautiful to her, and that thought alone brought a somber look on Cara's face. She then saw Alex himself. As he walked out she couldn't help but feel an aura of intimidation around him. She could have guessed this man was Dean without having to be told.

I do wonder what you think of our school though...I like to think it's a rather nice school." He stopped himself for a few moments before speaking another line. "to die in."

Cara gulped slightly at how he said that. You mean there's a chance I'll die? She had rarely thought on her own death. Sometimes it made her happy, other times..she could just barely reach that speck of light to keep her going. She attempted to push those rogue thoughts from her mind as she heard Alex start to speak again.

"Yes. Everything that you have experienced up to this point, is nothing compared to what awaits you inside these walls. You may have heard rumor of this school having a high death rate. That is completely accurate. If you slack off, you die. Let's hope you have the sense to get past even our initiation..." He trailed off as he left the stage.

Cara was left speechless. When she heard her next instructions she quickly ran out of the assembly hall, hoping to find a quiet place to read. She eventually found a tree which had its shadow cast wide. As she sat down she felt the darkness slowly overtaking her body. Sometimes she felt scared, as it felt sometimes it was strangling her. Sometimes she would even feel the light slowly being sucked out of her body as the darkness wrapped her own hands around Cara's body, threatening to never let go. Cara sat and let the world around her slip away, and she simply opened up her book...and attempted to escape from the cruel indifference she had been reminded of.
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Chief Reporter

Warning Level (Forum) : Banned
Warning Level (Chat) : Banned

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:16 pm

A lone man watches from the balcony, his detached aqua-blue eyes searching through the crowd.

'There's going to be at least one today, there always is... Aha.'

He dug into his pockets, touching the familiar cool and polished metal.

The world around had become an array of grey, stilled and stagnant. Children were frozen mid-gossip and even the orator himself had been silenced by his influence.

He made his way downstairs and backstage, where a group of young boys had brought in what appeared to be cans of bright red paint.

'Security's getting lax again. I can't have that.'

After disposing the paint, he returned and moved the boys out and into an empty training room.

He let his grip go and everything returned to its former vibrancy.

Several shouts of surprise, indignation and fear graced his ears.

Good. He had a reputation to uphold.

"Well boys, you know how this song and dance goes. And since today was Orientation Day..."

A knife had appeared in his white gloved hand, its glinting edge only rivaled by the one in the man's expression. He held it by its blade between his middle and forefinger. He gave them a wry look and mused, "I don't think Mr. Burke would mind if you all were occupied for a while."

Last edited by Jain vi Bookshelvia on Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by AncientSpirit Efreet Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:53 pm

After his fight with his dad Evrett was somewhat scared to use his power and wasn`t too sure how to actually use it. For a time afterwards Evrett tried to figure out why it was revealed then and how to better control it. During the time between then and the welcoming ceremony at the university
Evrett went from being relatively weak in every thing he became stronger and smarter with how he fought and how he lived his life. Evrett even figured out how to incorporate his ability in his fighting style and his life. Even though he was careful not to use it against people Evrett was getting much better at his martial arts combat. Then the day arrived when he was supposed to go to the university.

As Evrett approached the gate to the university he noticed that he needed a student ID to get in and went over to the office building that was close by to inquire about where to get his ID. When Evrett walked through the gate he started to think about how his life would change once the school classes began. Evrett slowly meandered in thought throughout the campus after he put his belongings in a locker. when he eventually made his way to the audience chamber for the welcoming speech. Evrett made sure to get there early to get a good seat so he could hear clearly and so he wouldn't have to squeeze past other people. Then when he heard the speech that Alex gave he was dumbstruck.
AncientSpirit Efreet
AncientSpirit Efreet

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Schnee Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:38 pm

Terminal University. One of the most prestigious Universities in Indus, maybe even the world. The sun was just beginning to rise over the top of the buildings located on the campus as a black limo pulled up to the gates. The back door opened, and out stepped a light blue haired individual with purple eyes. Around her neck appeared to be a choker, and she had on her a stunning black leather suit. The girl sighed as another man stepped out with her. He appeared to have slick black hair with green eyes and appeared to be wearing a similar suit. The man gave the girl a look that she knew was the same look he always gave her.

"I don't like you going in alone." He said to her.

She simply laughed off his concern. "Oh come on Max. Have I ever let you down before?"

Max seemed to ponder the question. "Do you want the honest answer?"

The girl suddenly felt bad as the memories flooded back. "Sorry...I..."

Max put a reassuringly hand on her shoulder. "Tori...you know I don't mean it like that."

Tori nodded. "I know. It's just the pain is still there sometimes. I feel like this is all my fault."

Max's expression turned sour. "Don't say that! You were a kid. It couldn't be helped."

Tori nodded. "I know. But sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I stayed..."

Max shook his head. "The past is the past. What matters now is that you're Tori Young, and you're a student at Terminal University."

Tori laughed. "I would expect nothing less from you." She walked off at that, leaving Max to return to the car and be driven off. She noticed the students were already gathering at the assembly hall and decided to join them. She entered the hall and scanned the room for anyone sticking out. Other than a silver haired boy sitting by himself and that Cara she ran into earlier, she spotted nothing. That's when a shine of light caught her attention.

She looked up and noticed the woman known as Martha Lovegood standing on the stage. Flashy as always, aren't you Martha.

Tori smiled. She has always wanted to hear what Alex said to the new students. He always said he wanted to see the best out of his students at all times, so she knew it was going to be good.

Alex stepped out onto stage and she noticed as he scanned the area he flashed a little bit of recognition at her. She did a slight movement of her head to tell him she saw it. She always loved the thrill of secret movements, it made her feel like she was truly living out her childhood fantasy.

I do wonder what you think of our school though...I like to think it's a rather nice school." He stopped himself for a few moments before speaking another line. "To die in."

As Tori watched the reactions of the crowd she couldn't help but want to clap inside her mind. Way to spell it out. It seems you were right about intimidation being the key to success.

As the talking died down, Alex began to speak again. "Yes. Everything that you have experienced up to this point, is nothing compared to what awaits you inside these walls. You may have heard rumor of this school having a high death rate. That is completely accurate. If you slack off, you die. Let's hope you have the sense to get past even our initiation..." He trailed off as he left the stage.

Various reactions from the crowd again, and Tori was loving every second of it. Bravo...bravo. I think we should give you a reward for that performance. Still...I wonder what this initiation is... Tori heard her instructions. A boat would be arriving in port momentarily and within an hour she was supposed to be on it. Perfect. Just even time to stake out the place.

And like that, Tori was gone from everyone's field of vision. Like a firefly at night, she blinked, then was gone.
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Chief Reporter

Warning Level (Forum) : Banned
Warning Level (Chat) : Banned

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Razren Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:41 am

A black haired boy entered the assembly hall last, running a little late. He even bumped into a security guard on the way in. "Whoops, sorry!" Steven walked up and found a place, and it seemed like the speech was already over. 

"Your first task is simple. In an hour, there is going to be a boat pulling into our port. Step onto it and await further instructions. That is all."

Steven almost wanted to punch himself in the face. He had missed the entire thing! He saw everyone beginning to leave and just sighed. It seemed his luck was rearing it's ugly head again. He would just have to make sure he made it to the boat in time.
Razren
Razren
Roleplay Master

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kzoki Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:06 pm

Welcome to Terminal! [PLOT EVENT] 346redyLogan entered through the door shortly after the speech had began. He was silent and swift as he made his may to a corner near the proximity of the bleachers. "Made it just in time." This thought ran through his head as he turned his attention to the stage.

As logans eyes met the red haired lady, a bright, blinding light consumed his view. Once he recovered his eye sight he heard the lady say her name, Martha Lovegood, and this caused the name to ring throughout his head, telling him he'd heard that name some where before. He shrugged this thought aside for now and went on listening. After hearing Martha mention this being a prestigious university, he was unsure of why he would have ever been accepted, being a street kid and all.

Once Martha finished speaking, Logan watched as a tall figure moved out from behind the stage. "This must be the man everyone here was looking around for," he thought as the figure grew closer. It was, it was Alex. As the man named Alex spoke, he listened and chuckled lightly. "Newcomers, always getting lost in our streets." Was the first thought to strike his mind.

Logan observed the room as there reactions flooded it when Alex spoke of death. "What weaklings this students must be. I have been face to face with death my entire life." This was mumbled under his breath as the noise reached its peak. The speak of initiation struck his curiosity. "A challenge? It's been too long." He pushed himself off the wall and walked out a bit, to see as Alex walked off.

As Martha finished speaking, Logan had one thought cross his mind.... To the port! He moved quickly towards the door before anyone else was even beginning to move from their spot. He left the school through it's main doors and went straight for the port.
Kzoki
Kzoki

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Terminal! [PLOT EVENT] Empty Students Assemble

Post by Jaytonicsonic Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:16 pm

"Cool!" Gor says standing at the gate of the university. Large, beautiful, slick buildings stretch around the large campus, groups of students chatting away and showing off their abilities to one another. Some of them look cool, others look lame. For example, he sees a student who's powers is to stretch his limbs far out. Gor wonders why someone like him is even here. Then again this is coming from the guy who can turn into animals so who is he to argue with whatever logic the dean of the school is using.

As he walks around he sees groups of students heading towards what looks to be the assembly hall. Since he doesn't know where to go he decides to follow the crowd.

The inside of the assembly hall is huge. The floor is full of students who all want to know the same thing, what is going on. They heard that the dean is going to be making a speech for the new students here. Gor can hear some of the conversations that some of them are talking about. It's mainly about the dean. Some say that he's the meanest of the mean and will make your life difficult. Others say he's not what he used to be ever since his wife died and has been invoking the hardships of life through the education course at the school. Gor doesn't really understand but the mean idea appears in all of them, the dean is pretty hardcore.

Suddenly everyone goes quiet and their eye sight blurs when a sudden light appears in the hall. Gor covers his eyes to protect his sight. "What is that?" He asks silently.

The light fades. Everyone sees a woman standing on the stage. She has long red hair and piercing blue eyes. She is wearing a regal gray dress and a black skirt with matching black heels. Pretty, Gor thinks to himself. The woman is indeed an eye catcher. She has a slim physique and and her eyes, despite piercing, are gorgeous. Some of the male students that can still see can't help but to ogle in silence. Others are afraid too. It all comes back to the eyes. Her stare is starting to intimidate the students a little and stop those from trying to ogle her. Some of that intimidation goes away when she begins to speak.

"Now that I have all your attention...allow me to welcome you to Terminal University, My name is Martha Lovegood, Assistant Dean of this school." There was this gentleness to her tone as she spoke. It was enough to calm down everyone, but at the same time demanding enough to get your attention.

Martha continues "I hope you all consider yourselves lucky to get to be here at our prestigious university, but no need to listen to me yammer on. Your dean, Alex Burke, would like to talk to you all for a moment."

As she finishes Gor looks around to find Alex. Is he going to walk out or appear from under the stage? Then again those rumors about Alex could just be rumors and he could very well fly in on a rocket. Or perhaps to shake things up a bit, he walks out with a cane and realizes that he isn't that old throws it away. These were some ideas that Gor had in his head.

Those thoughts were dismissed when Alex himself enters from behind the stage. He was a well-built man with medium length brown hair, brown eyes covered spectacles, and a smile on his face as he walks out. He's wearing formal attire, consisting of a black suit with a green tie. Very well groomed, Gor thinks to himself. That smile also puts him at ease. Maybe Alex really is gentle after all. People shouldn't believe everything they hear you know.

That smile Alex has fades away however as he breathes a heavy sigh. "Uh-oh." Gor says out loud. A couple of the students around him agree with that uh-oh. "What is he going to say?" Is the thought that's going through everyone's mind right now.

Alex begins to speak. "I hope you all have settled yourselves into the city rather nicely. I do understand the city can be quite confusing for the newcomers...but it appears you all made it here just fine."

Gor couldn't agree with Alex more about the city being confusing. Terminal can be too big for its own good sometimes. It's many winding streets and confusing street names can off put some people. For example, in the central district there is a street named "Central Street." Then there's one named "South Central, East Central, and West Central." So if you want to tell someone where you want to meet in Central, you have to be specific. Luckily when you enter Terminal through the Transit Hub, you are given a map to help you navigate. Even then new students from out of town are given a GPS to find the university so no one gets lost.

Alex continues. "I do wonder what you think of our school though...I like to think it's a rather nice school..." He stops himself for a few moments before he speaks another line. "To die in."

"To die in...?" Gor repeated. He's confused by that last statement. It sounded more like a death threat than a harsh statement. Others in the hall agree with this as well. Some were wondering if Alex has the right to issue such a threat to them. Some like the sound of it and thinks it's a challenge, a challenge which they gladly accept. And some seem to just not have any strong feelings whatsoever.

The talking dies down enough for Alex to continue with his speech. "Yes, everything you have experienced up to this point is nothing compared to what awaits you inside these walls. You may have heard rumors of this school having a high death rate. That is completely accurate. If you slack off, you die. Let's hope you have the sense to get past even our initiation..." He trails off as he leaves the stage.

"The high death rate rumors are true?!"

"How can he do that?"

"Isn't that against the law?"

"He's just trying to scare us."

"You really think so?"

"Of course he is. It's all just an act. Like anyone is going to die."

"Coming from someone with powers like yours."

"What is that suppose to mean?!"

The whole crowd goes into a panic over what was just heard. All the rumors were true. The death rate at this university isn't a joke. People can and will die. This thought alone scared some of the students. Some of them wonder how they can make it this far only to die. Who was the nut job that put Alex in charge of this? Why does he allow this to happen? This translates to something else as well. Since Alex allows this to happen, that means that his hands are dripping with the blood stains of students who died. That means that Alex himself isn't an ordinary man if he has allowed this to go on for quite some time.

From this thought some of the students begin to hate Alex and now want to prove him wrong.

"I will not die."

"I will live on."

"I'll play your game Alex."

A smile appears on Martha's face. This is the reaction she was hoping for, the fear, the confidence, the doubt, the hate. These emotions she sees all the time and it never gets boring. Alex may be a lot of things, but he knows how to stir up a crowd. As she scans the crowd, she forms an analysis of how many students will pass the initiation this time. Last time it wasn't that many. This time her guess is high. A lot of students look like they got what it takes.

Gor on the other hand doesn't care. Yes it is horrible that students have died here, but that doesn't affect him. He was invited to this school because Alex saw potential in him. Gor came here to train and home his skills even more and that's what counts to him.

So what happens next, Gor thinks to himself. He heard Alex bring something up about an initiation. What that entails he is curious about.

Martha clears her throat to have the talking die down so she can speak. "Your first task is simple. In an hour, there is going to be a boat pulling into our port. Step onto it and await further instructions. That is all." She walks off as she finishes, leaving the students to their own devices for now.

"Alright so to the port it is...as soon as I figure out where that is." Gor says. He leaves the crowd and the assembly hall to go find a map of the university so he could find the port. Right now he only feels one thing, excitement. What surprises does Alex have in store for everyone? He will see.
Jaytonicsonic
Jaytonicsonic
Jasonified

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Agentyamski Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:44 am

Zack came running into the assembly hall, a couple minutes late. In a rush, trying to make it on time, he tripped over himself, and his deck was sent flying all over the place. He groaned a bit as he scrambled to pick up every last one, in the hopes that no one else would take them from him, but it seemed everyone else was too busy paying attention to the woman's speech. That’s when someone came up to him and handed him the last few cards he was looking for. Zach looked up to see a towering, older man over his head, nicely suited and rather intimidating.

“From the looks of it, those cards are important to you, and I’ve got a few ideas as to why that is.”

The man smiled for a brief moment, and then it faded faster than Zack could see.

“You might not be so lucky the next time you lose those cards, keep them close to you at all times. Now pay attention to the lecture, or you’re gonna be more lost than what you are now.”

Zack quickly stood up, stuffing his deck in its holster, and pulled a 180 so he could pay attention to what was going on in the assembly.

“…. Your Dean, Alex Burke, would like to talk with you all for a moment.”

The woman began walking off the stage, and it seems that Zack missed her introduction. He watched as the Dean made his appearance and walked to the center of the stage.

“I hope you’ve settled yourselves into the city rather nicely? … I like to think it’s a rather nice school…… to die in”

Zack had the look of astonishment written all over his face, he couldn’t believe that the Dean would say something like that so seriously. Zack continued to listen to his speech, about how if he even slacked off once it could be the end of him. “So that’s what the tower meant when he told me I might not be lucky next time.”

“Let’s hope you have the sense to get past even our initiation…”

Zack watched the dean walk off the stage, not having the slightest idea as to what the initiation could be. That’s when the woman walked back on stage.

“Your first task is simple. In an hour, there is going to be a boat pulling to port. Step onto it and await further instructions, that is all.”

Zack quickly decided that if he were to get a basic idea on what the assignment was going to be, that he would have to get to the port early and do a reading before the hour, but that didn’t give him much time at all. So without any hesitation, he bolted off towards the port along with many other students.
Agentyamski
Agentyamski
Retired Staff

Character Sheet
Name: Shinji Hideaki
Passive/Aggressive: Aggressive
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down