The Nerdalius
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
User Menu
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 129 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:52 pm
Latest topics
» The Site Has Moved!
Gor's Morning I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 11:04 am by DillPickles

» The Time Has Come
Gor's Morning I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 9:29 am by DillPickles

» Your daily ragers
Gor's Morning I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 9:07 am by Zaio Volnutt

» Naling667's Character list
Gor's Morning I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 12:17 pm by Zaio Volnutt

» Laury's intro
Gor's Morning I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 4:51 pm by Collin Cassell

» High Society Affiliation Request
Gor's Morning I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 7:27 pm by DJ Sammy

» Your Win Of The Day
Gor's Morning I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 8:21 am by Necruta

» Nerdalius Banner Tournament
Gor's Morning I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 2:00 pm by DillPickles

» Lyn's Artwork
Gor's Morning I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 3:17 pm by Lyn PixSkitt

Gor's Morning

Go down

Gor's Morning Empty Gor's Morning

Post by Jaytonicsonic Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:18 am

The Transit hub is as busy as always, people coming and people leaving the city for one reason or another. Terminal city is not only known for being a technological capital, but also for attracting a bunch of "interesting" people. Take Gor for example. He has no last name and is gifted with abilities that some which they had.

The ability to transform into animals is nifty power. Gor can easily get by the crowd by transforming into a bird, which he currently is. He can see everything from the sky. All the small shops, street performers, and people who look funny to him, but today he's not here to observe.

Today is the day that Gor was told to start attending Terminal University. He still remembers the conversation that went down in his apartment. A man wearing a black tux and shades was sitting on the couch. Gor handed him a glass of water and sat down across from him. He takes a sip of the water.

"Thanks." The man said.

Gor sat down across from him eating grapes. He was fifteen years old at the time this happened.

"So is this another check in?" Gor asked putting more grapes into his mouth.

"Your manners still haven't change I see."

Gor recognized that voice. It had a certain gruffness to it, but was also gentle in an odd way. He waited until he swallowed his grapes before he talked again.

"Justin I didn't recognize you. The people all look the same."

"It's part of the uniform policy." Justin said as he took off his sunglasses.

"I see that you have settled into Terminal city quite well since the last time I saw you." He looked around the room. It was quite messy. Before this place looks presentable, now it looks like a jungle. Yet somehow it still looks neat in its own little way. "The place could use a bit of cleaning."

"The place is fine." Gor said nonchalantly. He preferred the room that way. It made him feel more at home, like he really is in jungle. When he was little Gor's home was the jungle. As far back as he could remember he lived in the jungle, swinging from vine to vine, hunting, collecting berries, and swimming in the river. It was always warm in the jungle and he felt free. Eventually it was Justin who found him as a child and took him to Terminal. He's been here since then. That also explains why the room is warm.

"So why are you here Justin?" Gor asked.

Justin reached into his pocket and pulls out an envelope. He gave it to Gor and said "You have been invited to the University Gor. Congratulations."

Gor was confused at that point. What university was he talking about? There are plenty around the world. The only he could think of off the top of his head was Terminal University. Then it clicked. It was that university. He was being invited to go to Terminal University.

Gor opened the envelope. Inside he found a letter addressed to him. Whoever wrote it had really fancy hand writing, but he could still read it. It read:

Dear Gor,
      It is with great pleasure that I inform you of your formal acceptance into Terminal University. You have been accepted into this university for a variety of reasons, but chiefly is that you have a power you do not yet have full mastery over. We wish to change that. In our school you will find not only knowledge, but an environment to thrive in and become the best person you can be. Enclosed is a GPS unit. Turn it on, and it will give you directions from your current location to our campus. Once you arrive, please report to the assembly hall for an important announcement about your future at the university. I hope we will be seeing you arriving at our dorms soon.

Sincerely,

Alex Burke
Dean of Terminal University

Gor smiled and wanted to jump out of his chair in excitement. Terminal University is one of the most esteemed schools in the world. Known for its unique education course and beautiful decor, it has been held as one of the best universities to attend. However in order to attend you need one of two thing. First, you must be a Meta-human. If you don't have any powers whatsoever, you will not be invited. Second, you must have a power that Terminal sees that needs to be trained properly. All Meta-Humans have powers, but only the best of best are scouted out to be invited. Gor doesn't feel like his powers to shape shift into animals isn't anything special, but if this Alex Burke think it is, then who he to argue that.

"You aren't going yet." Justin said.

"What? Why?"

"Because you are still in the middle of your formal education. Once that is done then you can attend."

"But that won't be for another two years."

"Then consider this an early invitation." Justin said to him as he put his shades back on. After that conversation, Justin left his apartment, leaving a both excited and disappointed Gor in there.

That conversation was two years ago. Still fresh in my mind, Gor thinks to himself. Right now he's so excited that he could transform into an elephant and stomp around in the streets. However that will only get him arrested, plus he is hungry right now and he knows the perfect place to fill his belly.

The Transit hub is filled with a bunch of little shops to go to. A lot of them are gift shops. There are also places to eat. His favorite of them all is a place called "Bakery On-The-Go" fresh to go baked items ready to serve on the spot like doughnuts, bread, pastries, and the likes. When he was new to the city, he got lost in the Transit hub because it was big. He stumbled into the Bakery and the owner of the shop fed him for free. Since then he's been going back to that place when he has a sweet tooth.

Gor lands and transforms back into his normal, light skinned, Orange haired self. He walks into the Bakery and is greeted by a nineteen year old cashier who's named Jeff.

"Welcome back Gor." Jeff said.

"'Sup dude. How's business this morning?" Gor asks as he waves hello to him.

"It’s gonna be a slow day Gor. It’s gonna be a slow day."

"I'll help out then. I'll take two of my usual please."

"Two Banana Doughnuts coming up."

The Banana doughnuts that are sold at this shop are the best to Gor. Every week he stops by in the morning to pick up a box of them. One box of twelve doughnuts can last him the week. Today is not the day to do that though because he's in a rush this morning so he is forcing himself to have two. When he settles in at the university he already told himself that he was going to go back to getting the box of doughnuts.

Jeff puts the two doughnuts in a paper bag and hands it to Gor. "Today is the special day right?" The Cashier asks.

"Yup. Starting today I'm going to the university." Gor answers.

"You're lucky. I wish I was a Meta-Human so I could go. The education is the best at that school I hear."

"What would your power be then if you could choose?"

"I've already thought about it. Hear me out...rocks. I can turn my body into rocks and chuck them at people. No one will be able to stop me. The power of rock will make me an awesome Meta-Human."

Gor laughs at the idea of Jeff turning into rocks and throwing himself at people. He sees Jeff taking off part of his arm and throwing it and someone getting hit in the face by his arm. Or how about taking a piece of his shoulder and throwing it like a fast ball. Some many images pop into his mind and he laughs even more. "Jeff you just 'rocked' my world." Gor says jokingly still laughing.

"It's a good idea." Jeff says defending his idea.

"It's a silly idea." Gor says. "Keep thinking of stuff like that. It's funny."

"Whatever. I can think of better stuff. I really want to go there."

Gor pays for the two doughnuts and Jeff and he say goodbye to each other. Gor also told him to send his hellos to the boss.

As much as Gor wants to turn into something like a falcon or a pterodactyl, he's afraid that he's drop his doughnuts while he is flying so he ops to just eat them while walking back to the Southern Residential district. On his way out of the Transit hub, he sees a wooden with a blond hair lady standing behind it. He's never seen this booth before. Must be new, Gor thinks to himself. The lady sees that Gor is staring at her and signals him to come over. As much as he wants to check it out, he passes. Maybe some other time.

As he walks down the city streets finishing his last doughnut, he looks at all of the pretty lights and billboards with holographic text on them, each of them advertising a different product like the latest tablet or home computer. Terminal is the technological capital of the world, or at very least of the country of Indus. A city like this isn't without the business people who dress up in their usual attire. The streets are always full of people rushing to be somewhere. Gor never understood why. They are going to get there eventually so why rush?

There's a game that he likes to play with the buildings. It's called "find that two story." Every building he's ever seen in the city has been at least three stories or taller. It's rare that he finds a two story building. When he does he pulls out his map and does his best to mark it. To him its a visual representation that this city actually knows what the word "small" is.

He munches down the last bit of his doughnut and transforms into a falcon to fly back the rest of the way to his apartment in the southern residential district. The residential areas are divided into two sections, the northern and the southern. The northern residential district is home to the rich and noble. If you have money, you live there. The streets are clean, the building sparkle in the sunlight, and the shops and restaurants are fancy, of course also landing a job in the northern district means that you are moving up in the world. You come home with a fatter pay check than others.

The southern residential district is the opposite of that. It's nowhere near the level of the Neo district, but it's not as nice looking as the north. Highway bridges go down the middle of sections of it so it looks a lot more brown and worn down. The buildings don't look as clean or well kept, the streets have trash on them, but not much, and the shops aren't as great. The thrift stores and pawn shops are usually found here, particularly going towards the center of the district. It's a modest living being here. It's a middle class district, but it's close to being poor. Gor loves it here though. Because of the narrow alleyways and hanging highways, the place has a certain adventure feeling to it. He loves exploring the district for new things.

Gor lives on the fourth floor of the apartment building he stays in. He leaves the window open for when he flies instead of taking the elevator. By the door is a carrying bag of his stuff that he will taking with him to the university. He sighs a little bit. He's going to miss this place.

Gor picks up his bag and grabs his keys off of the table and turns off the lights.

"Goodbye apartment. See you in five years." Gor walks out and closes the door behind him. Now that he has his stuff, he begins his way to Terminal University, his new home for five years.
Jaytonicsonic
Jaytonicsonic
Jasonified

Warning Level (Forum) : No Warnings
Warning Level (Chat) : No Warnings

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:
Gor's Morning Left_bar_bleue100/100Gor's Morning Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum