The Nerdalius
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
User Menu
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 129 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:52 pm
Latest topics
» The Site Has Moved!
Northwest Clearing (Clash of Titans) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 11:04 am by DillPickles

» The Time Has Come
Northwest Clearing (Clash of Titans) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 9:29 am by DillPickles

» Your daily ragers
Northwest Clearing (Clash of Titans) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 9:07 am by Zaio Volnutt

» Naling667's Character list
Northwest Clearing (Clash of Titans) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 12:17 pm by Zaio Volnutt

» Laury's intro
Northwest Clearing (Clash of Titans) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 4:51 pm by Collin Cassell

» High Society Affiliation Request
Northwest Clearing (Clash of Titans) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 7:27 pm by DJ Sammy

» Your Win Of The Day
Northwest Clearing (Clash of Titans) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 8:21 am by Necruta

» Nerdalius Banner Tournament
Northwest Clearing (Clash of Titans) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 2:00 pm by DillPickles

» Lyn's Artwork
Northwest Clearing (Clash of Titans) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 3:17 pm by Lyn PixSkitt

Northwest Clearing (Clash of Titans)

4 posters

Go down

Northwest Clearing (Clash of Titans) Empty Northwest Clearing (Clash of Titans)

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:29 am

Mari leaned against the rubble of the decrepit ruins. She sighed in impatience, staring into the wall of fog surrounding the clearing. The sounds of hail buffeting topsoil clattered noisily outside the shroud.

He of all men should have the decency to be on time. He has nothing but that.

She felt a familiar tensing and blinked. And there he was, standing across from her in the clearing. His clothes spotless and expression vaguely curious.

"I received your message," said To Kei. "What is it?"

Amber eyes narrowed at him. "I know what you're doing, T. K. I saw her myself."

The faintest of twitching of his brow gave away his annoyance. This did not escape Mari as she went on. "What is he planning on doing with her, T. K.?"

His reply was monotonous, "I do not know. That is above my station."

A guttural growl escaped her throat. "Talk him out of it; anything to get him from opening this Pandora's Box."

"Again, that is above my station."

She huffed and folded her arms over her chest. "I've stalled for you, T. K. She's not going to break while on this island, I assure you."

To Kei sneered. "I thought that was your work. You were always rather charitable."

"Well, you know what they say about the gift that keeps on giving."

"And that'd be?"

"Who cares."

The blonde vanished before him, his breath hitched as he felt something knocking into his stomach. Water and fluids expelled from his mouth as he landed in a crater of cracked concrete.

Mari glared coldly at the man, her fist extended forward and slightly smoking. "All I know is that I've got some things to vent." She cracks her knuckles and shifts into a battle ready stance. "So pull up your frilly stockings and quit being such a-"

To Kei held his abdomen as he stood from the crater, the world around him stilled and motionless. Mari, too, was frozen; her hair captured in mid-flutter. He looked down to see a burnt mark in his suit, identical to the shape of her closed fist. He shook his head and readied himself. One sucker punch deserves another.

"Pans-" A flurry of knives appeared before her, inches from her face. They flew into her flesh; in between her eyes, torso and more.

Her body was dissolved into mist, the knives ringing as they fell atop one another. A disembodied voice echoed as To Kei looked back and forth. "You know that doesn't work with me, T.K. Learned any new moves since we'd last met? It'd be dull if it were the same parlor tricks over and over again."

Three knives came into place between his left hand, each in between his gloved fingers. "Perhaps; I could say the same about you."
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Warning Level (Forum) : No Warnings
Warning Level (Chat) : No Warnings

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:
Northwest Clearing (Clash of Titans) Left_bar_bleue100/100Northwest Clearing (Clash of Titans) Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Northwest Clearing (Clash of Titans) Empty Re: Northwest Clearing (Clash of Titans)

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:41 am

The fog corralled To Kei, surrounding him on all sides. Vague shapes could be seen within them.

A silhouette of an arm came through one side, catching him at the edge of his suit. Another came after and another. He leaped back and sighed at what he saw.

Shapes of various apparitions from numerous cultures came at him. He recognized Celtic Ogres to the Oriental Oni and anything else in between. Their expressions grim and foul, he never understood why she used such an inelegant technique.

"Night Parade of One Hundred Demons," To Kei recited as they stumbled closer. "I thought you said it'd be dull if it we were to use the same parlor tricks."

Her mocking laugh came from all directions. "Take some initiative then. Age before beauty, after all."

He frowned at that. "I'll show you age, you witch."

A glancing touch at his pocketwatch and the world stilled into its gray hues. He reached for his holster and began cutting his way through the miasmal monsters. After clearing them, he let his grip loose and the world moved again.

"Bah, you would always rush through the foreplay." The mist shifted, closing in on him. He winced as the sharp tang of ammonia assaulted his nose. The walls of light gray were thick and near tangible.

"Labyrinth of Mist, you're being quite the hypocrite this morning." He ran through the newly made corridor as the walls closed in. He ran through one passageway and into another, finally escaping the maze.

The haze began to condense, forming into a head and torso. Limbs followed soon after as Mari stared down at her opponent. "Go on then; your move."

He smirked. "I already have."

Spinning layers of knives floated around him. He crossed his arms as the sound of metal grinding against metal shrieked. They shot at the blonde, piercing her gaseous body.

She cocked her head in confusion and finished gathering herself. Mari looked down at herself and gasped, her red and purple dress shredded to ribbons, barely leaving herself decent. "I thought it was strange that you brought that one out so early..."

His smug smirk never left. "Buriallusion: Phantasmal Killer. You were rather fond of that one, if I recall."

"You lech. You know I'm going to get you back for this one, right?"

"It was well worth the view."

"Fine, you want something new?" She raised her hands in front her, clasping them tightly. "You got it."

She opened her hands, revealing a small black orb. It pulsed slightly before a sharp whistle of air broke loose. The mist around them was quickly gathered into the black orb, beams of dawn's light seeping through the growing holes in the shroud.

To Kei began to worry as even the light was bent awkwardly, homing into the black sphere like the mist earlier. It reminded him an awful lot of-

"I thought of this one when I met that new student." Mari said casually as more of the bent light was sucked into the vortex. "You may know him as Tsukiko? Quite the chivalrous one, he is. And he had quite the ability, too."

The sphere began to change color, now becoming an off-white that glowed more and more brightly.

"Oh, and this one's called Pandemonium."

On that morning, a second sun rose at Kana Island.
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:
Northwest Clearing (Clash of Titans) Left_bar_bleue100/100Northwest Clearing (Clash of Titans) Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Northwest Clearing (Clash of Titans) Empty Re: Northwest Clearing (Clash of Titans)

Post by Decade Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:39 am

[These thoughts and events take place after the pillar of light and a chatbox session involving Hunt for the Idol. The Abyss, the Wind, and the Shadow.]

"Mari-san..."

Tsukiko's eyes never moved from the location, not even as the wind struck his face from the ride Hibiki was giving them. Cara was on the back end of the board, and Hibiki took the middle to maintain balance, but Tsukiko took the front.

He took the front because once they landed, he'd be the first to get off. He would be the first one to charge in and find out what had happened. What had set off that light.

And would find out if what he feared was true.

Maybe it wasn't what he thought. Maybe Mari-san was fine. Maybe she was off wandering singing that little tune she did. Maybe she had that strange but kind smile on her face.

Tsukiko would like to think that....if it wasn't for the piece of cloth he kept clenched in his fist.

The same cloth he KNEW belonged to Mari-san.

How it fell down from the sky he didn't know? How did it reach such a distance, he didn't know! And why was it in such a torn and destroyed shape?!

He didn't KNOW!!

But at the moment, he didn't care.

"Potential is simply a term, Mr. Knight. The potential to be something great; for better or worse."

Tsukiko's eyes narrowed. Her words, he was afraid of them, afraid of what they could mean, for him, for those around him, for everything. But he wouldn't let it stop him.

Even if it wasn't her, he'd still go! What if someone else was in trouble? He wouldn't let them get hurt just because he stood by and did nothing! He was afraid yes, but he wouldn't let that fear stop him from helping someone in need!

And if it WAS Mari-san...

If you ever need my help, need any assitance, let me know okay. I'll help pay you back no matter what!

Well, looks like he'd be paying her back sooner than he thought.
Decade
Decade
Dedicated Member

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaio Volnutt Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:52 am

Hibiki focused on maintaining the balance on the board he is hovering with proceeds towards the next location.He was worried ever since he has seen that cloth it seemed familiar to him but he cant seem to remember where he has seen it.

"Ok guys we will be arriving at our next destination shortly"

With that in mind Hibiki reduces his powers down in order to land at a faster rate.Hibiki looks at his fellow team giving the signal and yelled.

"Brace yourselves its gonna be a bumpy landing now"

The board is falling at a constant velocity until it reached the ground smoothly.The sight of the unnatural phenomenon is still a bit further but Hibiki thought it was best to stay hidden in case of enemy ambush.

"Alright lets move out"
Zaio Volnutt
Zaio Volnutt
King Of Posts

Character Sheet
Name: Ryuji Tetsuo
Passive/Aggressive: Passive
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Schnee Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:00 pm

Cara was sitting in the back of the board Hibiki had made. The bright flash they had seen made her nervous. She wanted to be as far away from it as possible. Unfortunately Tsukiko wouldn't allow it.  He has been nothing but annoying, hasn't he? Cara gasped silently. Where did that voice come from?

The more she pondered, the more she found herself drifting towards Tsukiko; more specifically, his coat pocket. There seemed to be an air or malice coming from it. You should just knock out Hibiki and head towards the facility yourself. Who needs friends who don't care about you?

No! They are my team now...I won't do anything to them... Cara's thoughts were interrupted as they arrived. She felt herself falling as they hit the ground. Cara was a little shaken up...but she got out without complaint anyway. She could barely keep her thoughts together...let alone speak a coherent thought.
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Chief Reporter

Warning Level (Forum) : Banned
Warning Level (Chat) : Banned

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:11 pm

Passing by the forest below, you reach the edge of Ground Zero of whatever took place. The tops of trees are blown backwards at its perimeter.

The actual area itself seemed like a giant scar; rubble and soil blackened into obliteration.

Bits of clothing and blood are scattered in various place, two distinct trails leading towards different directions. Both of which vanish mid-trail.

One leads towards a quarry southeast, the other ends abruptly without leading anywhere. Purple and red fabric are thrown about the quarry, torn and burnt.

Last edited by Jain vi Bookshelvia on Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Decade Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:23 pm

The moment the board hit ground Tsukiko jumped off and ran, despite the cries of his teammates. He knew he should have went with them, he knew that strength in numbers was a better idea, but he needed to know. He had to see what happened, to know if he was right or wrong.

As he ran Tsukiko noticed that several trees were broken apart or burnt up in some areas. And that the further he ran, the more damaged they seemed to be, as if getting closer to the source of the light. Some were even blown completely in half.

Suddenly Tsukiko stopped as his eyes widened at the sight before him.

It was a crater, no more of a scar embedded into the very ground and soil of the earth itself. Blackened soil covered the area, pieces of what seemed to be an old structure were scattered or crushed completely, and there was even a light smoke in the air.

"Tsukiko!! Hey man what-"

Tsukiko remained silent as he looked, and judging from the silence of Hibiki, it seemed both his teammates had now witnessed what he was himself.

But despite the destruction and chaos in the area, there was something Tsukiko couldn't find.

Where was Mari-san? No, where was anyone? A blast this big had to have been caused by something, but he didn't see any trace of a body or any signs of life. Were they disintegrated in an instance?

NO! He couldn't think like that. Even if an explosion that big occurred, he couldn't afford to think such a thing. Not if it meant someone was still alive.

But where? Wh-

"Hey guys, over here!!"

Tsukiko turned towards Cara, who had walked off a little and seemed to point out something.

And as he approached Tsukiko's eyes narrowed at the sight.

Blood.

A blood trail to be precise.

And what's more...there was two of them.
Decade
Decade
Dedicated Member

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaio Volnutt Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:39 pm

"Hey guys, over here!!"

Hibiki turns towards Cara as she found something.He heads over there.It was what he expected it to be.

"Blood it appears someone had a fight here"

Hibiki crouches towards the red trail and analysed it.His eyes narrowed down towards the site and finally made a deduction.

"hmm, the trail seems to end here and yet there is another one in the other directions...."

With that in check Hibiki made up his mind.He looks towards his teammates with a serious look and said.

"Ok, it would be best if we split up into two groups that way we can cover more ground"
Zaio Volnutt
Zaio Volnutt
King Of Posts

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Decade Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:16 am

"Split up? A-Are you sure about that Hibiki? I'm not entirely...fond of the idea of separating like this."

"Look I know alright, I get how bad the idea is considering the circumstance. Hell whatever did THIS has to be out there somewhere still right? But there has to be a chance that SOMEONE is still alive!! If we don't at least try they could end up dead or worse!! I ain't gonna just sit by and do nothing!!"

"Yeah but-"

As Cara and Hibiki spoke Tsukiko remained silent. At the moment he was contemplating the pros and cons to his teammates idea. There was after all two trails, meaning a possibility of two or more individuals being hurt. Though why different directions he didn't know.

Still, this left too the conflict of whether the idea was good or not. The island was still unknown, the dangers inside still a mystery. If they separated, they would be weakened in terms of strength against whatever they came across.

But....

"Let's split up."

Cara and Hibiki both paused in their talk as they turned to Tsukiko, who has spoken up and turned to both calmly.

"Tsukiko?"

"Hibiki is right, if there's a chance someone is out there, injured or worse, we need to try and find them and see if we can help. And the fact that there are two different trails means that there had to have been at least two groups involved in whatever happened here. We can't just ignore one for the other."

Hibiki nodded with a serious expression. Cara however looked down, hesitant and unsure.

"But.."

Tsukiko's expression softened. He had a feeling he knew why she wasn't so keen on the idea of splitting up. And in truth, a part of him felt the same.

With that said though, Cara blinked as she felt a hand on her shoulder as she looked up to see Tsukiko smiling.

"Cara look, I don't like the idea of splitting up either, not after what happened yesterday. I don't want to risk losing either of you two because I wasn't there to protect you like I said I would. But at the same time I could never forgive myself if I let someone die because I stood by and did nothing. Not if I had the chance to stop it."

Cara's eyes seemed to widen at that statement. Her gaze then shifted downwards unsure.

"But what if something happens? What if you end up finding what did this and it attacks you? I don't want to see that happen...I don't-"

"I told you didn't I? You're my teammate now. Meaning no matter what happens, no matter what we face, I won't die. Because I still have to comeback to you, to both of you guys. So trust in me and know that I'll be fine. Okay?"

Cara remained silent however as her gaze kept to the ground. Tsukiko remained silent as did Hibiki, both awaiting to see how she responded. After a few moments of silence though, she brought her head up and met Tsukiko's eyes with her own.

"You...better keep your word, okay? I don't like liars..."

Tsukiko smiled as he nodded and removed his hand. Looking upwards he sees Hibiki nod and smile, as if trusting Tsukiko's words and knowing he'd keep them no matter what. Nodding back Tsukiko turns and points towards the blood trail traveling southeast, "I'll follow this trail, see what I can find."

"That case we'll take this one. The trail may stop but it doesn't mean there isn't anything to find. But watch yourself man you hear? We can't exactly pass this dumb test without you."

Tsukiko nodded, "The same goes for the both of you."

Turning to Cara once more and giving her a reassuring smile, Tsukiko turns as his expression turns cold and hard, as he dashes after the blood trail, and towards whatever awaited beyond.
Decade
Decade
Dedicated Member

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:44 am

Hibiki and Cara followed their lead, only to find it ending abruptly.

Red and purple cloth lain about the blackened earth, the edges torn and scorched.

One piece in particular was somewhat intact, a familiar tri-gram pattern sown into the fabric.
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaio Volnutt Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:42 am

As Hibiki and Cara reached the site his mind was racing with one thought.As he notices Tsukiko wasn't acting like himself ever since they left their "hideout".Yet he knows well enough that everyone will make it out of this mess alive.To much of his relief there was no one at the site.

"I guess this is a good thing but....."

He feel uneasy as he felt like a premonition had occurred.It was too quiet and no animals or monsters has appeared so far it was a good sign but it was odd since they would head to this area since it attracts attention very easily.

"Hibiki there is something over there"

Hibiki turns towards Cara who seems to be pointing at something.Hibiki responds in a calm tone with a serious expression.

"stay behind me ill go check it out"

With that Hibiki analyses the debris finding purple and red cloth scattered around the darkened spot they seem to be burnt and torn to pieces.He then notices a particular piece of cloth with a trig-ram  pattern on it.His worries were correct as he recognized the cloth

"Mari....just what the hell is going on?!!"

"Hibiki?"

Hibiki then proceeds to taking that piece of cloth and kept it on his pocket.He stood up and faced Cara and replied.

"Lets head back and find Tsukiko fast"

Agreeing to it they head for the other trail where Tsukiko was headed for.
Zaio Volnutt
Zaio Volnutt
King Of Posts

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Decade Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:06 pm

[This thought and post takes place after the events of Stone Quarry (Southeast of the former Clearing) and a chatbox session between Tsukiko and To Kei.]

Tsukiko ran. He needed to hurry back, to get back to Cara and Hibiki and see what they had found, who they had found. He also needed to tell them what had occurred not more than five minutes ago.

Tsukiko grit his teeth. That damn To Kei guy really got on his nerves. His original feeling on the guy had been spot on, the guy was trouble.

He had followed the blood trail that had gone southeastward, in hopes of finding Mari-san or anyone else, and see if they were in trouble or needed help. Instead Tsukiko found a guy who was not only involved in what caused the weird light in the sky, but he had also confirmed what Tsukiko had feared.

Mari-san was also involved in the strange light that morning, and from the sounds of it, To Kei seemed to know her personally.

Though from the way he spoke, it sounded like To Kei wasn't too fond of her.

"Mr. Tsukiko, that woman is a bigger danger to herself than I could ever be."

Tsukiko's eyes narrowed. He didn't know the connection between the light, Mari-san and that To Kei guy, but it didn't sound good to him. Hell it worried him because the guy had said the light was caused by a 'mutual disagreement'.

Question was, a disagreement between who?

Between To Kei and Mari-san? Or was a third party involved? Tsukiko didn't know, but that wasn't his main focus either. The thing that stood out most in his mind was one particular phrase the guy had mentioned.

"I do not know. She's only found when she wants to be found. If I had to guess, she's not much better off than I."

He didn't trust the guy, but if To Kei's words WERE true, then what Tsukiko feared was true. Mari-san was hurt. And if the damage Tsukiko had seen on To Kei was anything to go by, it meant she was in just as bad of a condition as he was.

Or worse.

Tsukiko shook his head. No, no thinking like that. She'd be fine, she had to be. Besides, here was a second blood trail at the site, the one Cara and Hibiki had gone to follow.

Meaning that trail had to be Mari-san's. So he knew they'd find her and help her however they could. He just needed to hurry back and see for himself, and if needed help however he could.

And with that thought Tsukiko pushed himself faster as he ran back, back to the crater, and to his teammates.
Decade
Decade
Dedicated Member

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaio Volnutt Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:32 pm

Hibiki and Cara started running toward Tsukiko's location.Despite the injury that Hibiki recieved from his fight lingering on he managed to keep running at a constant rate by the use of his powers to lessen the burden on his foot.They arrived at the spot where the team splitted up,they couldn't find Tsukiko this either means two things in general for Hibiki.

1.He must have found someone
2.He is in trouble

With that in mind he faced Cara and said.

"Lets keep moving im sure Tsukiko is still on his way"

Cara nodded to that and they started running again towards the other trail while keeping a watchful eye over Tsukiko.Hibiki starts to wonder what would happen if they managed to get out of this island.Despite what has happened over these past events he still couldnt help feel a bit happy.

After awhile they find Tsukiko running towards them Hibiki lets out a sigh of relief he moved towards Tsukiko's position and spoke.

"Did you find anything"
Zaio Volnutt
Zaio Volnutt
King Of Posts

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:23 am

A faint whistling noise alerted the trio, the sound growing louder and louder.

The shadows beneath them became more distinguished as they looked up. Their stunned faces illuminated by the blaze.

Hues of reds, yellow and orange filled the morning sky. The flames crackling as it descended into the clearing.
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Decade Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:53 am

Not far now. Tsukiko recognized the area, he was almost at the site where they had gathered and then split. Hopefully they would be th-

"Tsukiko!"

Tsukiko's eyes widened as he stopped.

Cara? That was her voice definitely, but why? Tsukiko's gaze suddenly caught something moving ahead. Two somethings actually. His teammates, both of whom were racing towards him as fast as they could.

But why? Why not wait for him back at the crater? Did something happen, or did they find something and need to tell him?

"Did you find anything?" Hibiki asked as he and Cara both finally reached Tsukiko.

Tsukiko opened his mouth to respond.

Only for a sharp and loud whistling to echo out around the area.

"Gah!! The hell?!" Tsukiko gasped out in shock from the noise.

"My ears.." Cara winced painfully as she held her ears shut.

"Dammit now what?!" Hibiki shouted out as he looked around.

As if to answer the trio, another sound echoed out. This one however sounded more like a roaring blaze, as the ground beneath them began to brighten while the shadows stretched and faded. Tsukiko's eyes widened at the sight, but then narrowed as he quickly realized where the noise had come from.

"ABOVE!!!"

Tsukiko's head snapped upwards, his stance shifted ready for whatever was to greet him and his teammates.

He didn't expect a sky on fire.

[From this point onwards the remaining events take place in the Terminal City Chatbox]
Decade
Decade
Dedicated Member

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum