The Nerdalius
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
User Menu
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 129 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:52 pm
Latest topics
» The Site Has Moved!
Science and Technology Classroom I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 11:04 am by DillPickles

» The Time Has Come
Science and Technology Classroom I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 9:29 am by DillPickles

» Your daily ragers
Science and Technology Classroom I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 9:07 am by Zaio Volnutt

» Naling667's Character list
Science and Technology Classroom I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 12:17 pm by Zaio Volnutt

» Laury's intro
Science and Technology Classroom I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 4:51 pm by Collin Cassell

» High Society Affiliation Request
Science and Technology Classroom I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 7:27 pm by DJ Sammy

» Your Win Of The Day
Science and Technology Classroom I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 8:21 am by Necruta

» Nerdalius Banner Tournament
Science and Technology Classroom I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 2:00 pm by DillPickles

» Lyn's Artwork
Science and Technology Classroom I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 3:17 pm by Lyn PixSkitt

Science and Technology Classroom

3 posters

Go down

Science and Technology Classroom Empty Science and Technology Classroom

Post by Razren Sun May 11, 2014 10:47 am

The Science wing of Terminal University was rather...different. Even the hallway was filled with new age tech that either the scientists of Central Tower or the students in the Advanced Sciences Society produced. The hallway had a walkway that actually moved by itself to get students to their individual classes.

The particular class that taught about Science and Technology was located at the end of the wing, In a huge lab no less. Lab tables were the desks, and as the students filed into the room they saw machines they could only guess the purpose of. The teacher was a woman of about 5' 7" with long purplish hair tied into a long ponytail. She had her back to the students, as she was writing something on the holographic board.

She turned around and her deep ocean blue eyes were no visible. She wore a lab coat with a dress shirt underneath and she moved with a spring in her step. Written on the board in admittedly cute handwriting was "Welcome new students!"

She cleared her throat as the class settled in. "Good morning class." She seemed to speak with a certain thrill in her voice, as if she was just waiting for something to happen. "My name is Professor Caitlyn Sykes, I'm the head of R&D here at Terminal University...so there maybe some days that I will not be available to be here to teach. Now, let's start talking about this class."

She began to walk around the room as she talked. "This is a class all about the science we use everyday, and the technology we make because of it. This world is filled with many wondrous things, and we ALL have the keys to unlock it, we just have to set our minds to it!

You'll notice you are looking at lab tables rather than desks. That's because this is NOT a textbook class. A textbook can teach you a lot, but I believe rather adamantly in practical application as well. If anyone is interested, yes there is a textbook you can check out from me, but it is NOT required reading."

She stopped as she reached her desk again. "So, now that that's outta the way...I'd like to do introductions! I would like everyone to stand up and say their name and a little bit about themselves."

A couple of the students seemed rather hesitant. "Alright. I'll go first." She took a deep breath and smiled. "I'm Caitlyn Sykes. I love science, specifically Aerospace and Physics. My older sister is a scientist in Central Tower who specializes in Robotic Engineering and is the assistant to Dr. Steven Brown.

I love animals, and I hope that we all have a great year!" With that done, the students began to go one by one.
Razren
Razren
Roleplay Master

Warning Level (Forum) : No Warnings
Warning Level (Chat) : No Warnings

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:
Science and Technology Classroom Left_bar_bleue100/100Science and Technology Classroom Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Science and Technology Classroom Empty Re: Science and Technology Classroom

Post by Decade Sun May 11, 2014 5:46 pm

Tsukiko blinked as he listened and watched the new teacher.

She was...energetic, to say the least. It was kinda nice. Though if she was head of R & D here, he wondered if she knew Lancaster-san. She did say her sister worked in Central Tower, same as Lancaster-san, so it wouldn't surprise him if they knew one another in some way.

"Thank you for that introduction. Next up, ah you with the silver hair!"

"Huh?" Tsukiko blinked and quickly realized it was his turn for introductions. What should he say though?

Eh, best to be simple he supposed.

"My name is Tsukiko. I'm a first-year and have only been in Terminal City for less than a week. Not much else to say I suppose other than I hope to work together well with all of you. Including you Caitlyn-sensei."

Tsukiko mentally nodded to himself. Yeah, that should be enough.
Decade
Decade
Dedicated Member

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:
Science and Technology Classroom Left_bar_bleue100/100Science and Technology Classroom Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Razren Mon May 12, 2014 9:01 am

After Tsukiko was done, he noticed Rena stand up. He hadn't even noticed she was in the class with him.

"Ummm...hello. I'm Rena Trivala. I uh....am a maid for Raymond Zarnia. I hope we all get along!" She still had that nervous voice that sounded like she didn't know what she was saying.
Razren
Razren
Roleplay Master

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Schnee Mon May 12, 2014 9:05 am

Cara nervously stood up, but took a deep breath to calm herself down. She looked around  the room and saw Tsukiko nod at her in encouragement.

"My name is Cara Suraius. I'm the daughter of Wilfred Suraius and heir to the Suraius Estate. I enjoy reading, the outdoors, and I hope to learn a lot from you Ms. Sykes..."

She quickly sat back down slightly red in the face as everyone proceeded to gossip already about her being a Noble from Indus City.
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Chief Reporter

Warning Level (Forum) : Banned
Warning Level (Chat) : Banned

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Decade Mon May 12, 2014 10:14 am

Tsukiko blinked.

Did...did he just hear right?

Cara was...a Suraius? From the Suraius family?

....Damn. Ojou-sama was right. You really can't take things for chance in the world.

==================

"Families?" Tsukiko asked curiously.

"Of course," a calm if slightly annoyed feminine voice speaks, "What, did you think my family is the only one to have such wealth and history? Don't be absurd. It's simply another lesson you will have to be taught if you are to serve me. You'd be surprised just how many other forces are at play when dealing with the rich and royal. Whether they be simple businessmen, or other families and factions of great wealth like myself."

"I see. But still, why would I need to learn about other families? I mean it's not like I will ever meet them right?"

The voice huffs, "Just because you think something doesn't make it so. The world is vast and large, but brings about it many surprises to even one such as you. What you may think as an impossibility now may yet occur sometime before your very eyes without you even realizing it. Whether it be two days, two hours, or two decades, you can never afford to take things for chance in this world."

Tsukiko blinked as he stared in amazement at the girl's words as a small smile graced his face. She really-

"Besides, I will not allow any servant of mine, no matter how dirt-ridden or brain-dead, to embarrass me simply because they lack the basic intelligence to understand how the world works and how to interact with people. Even if you are not beside me you still represent my house and name, and as such I expect you to display it proudly and not bring any disgrace about with it!"

Tsukiko's eye twitched.

"No, because you certainty do that enough by yourself," Tsukiko mumbles.

"What was that?"

"Ah, n-nothing Ojou-sama."

"Hmph, good. Now let's begin your lesson. And make sure you take notes this time! I will not accept you forgetting a single detail!"

==================

The memory was brief, but Tsukiko remembered it well. It was basically drilled into his head about many of the large factions and families that existed in the world. At times it nearly made his brain ache.

But he had made sure to memorize them well and thoroughly, and one name he had been made to remember was Suraius, one of the more wealthier families in Indus.

Which meant..

"Heh, Ojou-sama would flip if she realized this," Tsukiko mentally chuckled, "First Remilia from the Scarlet family, then Rena, who serves one of Zarnia familiy, and now Cara is a Suraius? Ojou-sama would have a field day with me if she ever learned of this."

The image of his master throwing a massive tantrum nearly brought a laugh from Tsukiko's lips. Pushing down the thought though Tsukiko turned his gaze back on his teammate.

While it was a bit shocking to learn she was a Suraius, he didn't care. Had he known before the events on the island maybe he would have, but that didn't matter now.

Because to him, she was just Cara. His teammate and partner, same as Hibiki. Their past were their own and they have the right to tell whatever they wish whenever they wish. If she kept it secret for a reason, that was her decision to make.

Either way though, whether she was a Suraius or not, Tsukiko would not treat her any differently. But if anyone tried anything funny just because of who she was.

Well, it's not like he lost ALL his powers.

Last edited by TrueHeartKnight on Mon May 12, 2014 10:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Decade
Decade
Dedicated Member

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Razren Mon May 12, 2014 10:38 am

Caitlyn beamed a large smile. "Well this is an interesting class, ain't it? A Suraius and a servant of the Zarnia family, right here in our little classroom!"

She cleared her throat before continuing. "Well, not that it matters where they come from. In here, we're all students of science! Now, as I said....this is gonna be a hands on class.

Cause as we know, science is all around us!" She spun around and threw her hand facing the holographic board. "This is a perfect example. The Larenzo Company brand Holographic Board!" She looked around and saw that not any people reacted to the name.

"Ahh, well let me explain. The Larenzo Company is the company that supplies most of everything manufactured outside of the city. Anything produced inside the city is developed by Sarah Lancaster, our Chief Scientist in the city.

Now you probably won't ever get to meet her, but the President of the Larenzo Company, Leon Rockwell, holds tons of public conferences."

She turned around and began to write on the board. "Now anyway, let's begin. First we're going to cover the history of science....yes I know it's rather boring, but we have to cover it anyway.

Now then, the first known scientist dates back to about 500 B.C. And even then he was a scientist by a very broad definition because they didn't even call it that back then. In fact, the word Science wasn't coined until the late 1860's......"

She continued to talk on until the end of class. When the bell rang, she almost seemed surprised. "Class is over already?! Oh well, guess we'll continue tomorrow. There will be a Quiz on Friday, so be sure to take notes!"
Razren
Razren
Roleplay Master

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Decade Mon May 12, 2014 11:01 am

"I'm gonna die..."

Tsukiko's head lay against his table as he sighed. The class was murder. It was a short introduction on basics and he STILL couldn't understand half the material, less than that even!

Negatives of not having gone to previous schools he supposed.

Still, he had managed to write down what he could in a small notebook, so he could always go back and look it over. And even then if he couldn't, Basil-san probably could help him, or even his teacher. Though that would depend on both their schedules.

Shaking himself out of his funk, the silver-haired teen got up and collected his materials. The one blessing he could count was that the day was finally over. That was his last class and he could finally take a moment and breathe. He looked around and didn't see Rena anywhere but quickly spotted Cara as she was exiting the room. His teammate paused as she turned back and looked over at him, before she smiled and waved goodbye.

Tsukiko felt his own mouth smile as he waved back and watched her leave. She seemed in a hurry for some reason, probably for another class or something so he wouldn't keep her.

"Hmmm, maybe I could ask her for help? Eh, I'll just ask her back at the dorm."

Tsukiko paused suddenly in realization.

They were sharing a dorm. With Hibiki still in a coma, the thought of which brought his mood down slightly, it was only Cara and himself in the room. It hadn't hit him yet due to how busy he was with Lancaster-san and his time in the hospital bed, but this would be the first night he would be spending in his dorm.

With Cara. His teammate. His partner.

And who was a girl.

Fuck.
Decade
Decade
Dedicated Member

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum