The Nerdalius
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
User Menu
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 129 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:52 pm
Latest topics
» The Site Has Moved!
Perdition Dragon, Vortex Dragonnewt I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 11:04 am by DillPickles

» The Time Has Come
Perdition Dragon, Vortex Dragonnewt I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 9:29 am by DillPickles

» Your daily ragers
Perdition Dragon, Vortex Dragonnewt I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 9:07 am by Zaio Volnutt

» Naling667's Character list
Perdition Dragon, Vortex Dragonnewt I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 12:17 pm by Zaio Volnutt

» Laury's intro
Perdition Dragon, Vortex Dragonnewt I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 4:51 pm by Collin Cassell

» High Society Affiliation Request
Perdition Dragon, Vortex Dragonnewt I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 7:27 pm by DJ Sammy

» Your Win Of The Day
Perdition Dragon, Vortex Dragonnewt I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 8:21 am by Necruta

» Nerdalius Banner Tournament
Perdition Dragon, Vortex Dragonnewt I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 2:00 pm by DillPickles

» Lyn's Artwork
Perdition Dragon, Vortex Dragonnewt I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 3:17 pm by Lyn PixSkitt

Perdition Dragon, Vortex Dragonnewt

2 posters

Go down

Perdition Dragon, Vortex Dragonnewt Empty Perdition Dragon, Vortex Dragonnewt

Post by Dullahan Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:28 pm

So since Legion for Cardfight has come out, I had mixed feelings about it. What it does is it lets you send 4 cards back from your drop zone to call another vanguard into your vanguard circle. With this your can respam used or missed triggers, or restock on mates for your next legion.  

Before I thought legions were just a little depressing, and maybe a little too easy to abuse.  Until This bad boy bursted onto the scene:

Perdition Dragon, Vortex Dragonnewt 273px-BT17-004

His effect:

[ACT](VC): Legion 20000 "Perdition Dragon, Whirlwind Dragon" (If your opponent has a grade 3 or greater vanguard, only once, this unit may return four cards from your drop zone to your deck, and search your deck for the specified card, and perform Legion.)

[ACT](VC):[Counter Blast (2) & Choose one card with the same name as a unit in your (VC) from your hand, and discard it] If this unit is in Legion, choose up to two of your opponent's grade 2 or less rear-guards, and retire them. Then, if the number of cards in your opponent's damage zone is four or less, choose one of your opponent's vanguard, deal it one damage, and during that damage check, all trigger effects are nullified. This ability cannot be used for the rest of that turn.

[AUTO](VC):During your main phase, when your opponent's rear-guard is put into the drop zone, this unit gets [Power]+3000 until end of turn.

his mate- Perdition Dragon, Whirlwind Dragon:
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140730020638/cardfight/images/thumb/b/b1/BT17-L04-LR_%28Sample%29.jpg/273px-BT17-L04-LR_%28Sample%29.jpg

[AUTO](RC):When this unit attacks, if you have a vanguard with "Perdition" in its card name, this unit gets [Power]+3000 until end of that battle.

Pros:
+ If you have another copy of Dragonnewt or Whirlwind in your hand,
you can pay 2 counterblast to discard them, retire any 2 rearguards your opponent has, and if they have 4 or less damage, deals your opponent 1 point of damage (even going so far as to negate any trigger effects.)

+every time you retire an opponent's rearguard, Dragonnewt will gain power +3000. Whenever he attacks he will attack for 27000+ unboosted.

+very effective against clans that require particular units to work, such as: Nova Grapplers, Great Nature, and Shadow Paladins; but a pretty neutral match-up against: Royal Paladins, Gold Paladins, Granblue, and Neo Nectar (since they can replace their units as fast or faster than you can retire them.)

+that 11k body helps with defending on your opponents turn.

Cons:
-since this unit requires certain units in hand to activate, Dragonnewt can be prone to being rushed early. Had Nubatama continued with their "opponent discards a card for everything we do" gimmick, Dragonnewt wouldn't last long (nor would anyone for that matter.) Nubatama actually do technically do that, but differently now.

-Some clans, such as Tachikaze, actually WANT you to retire their units. Against clans like that, be very careful with who you retire, or else you might help your opponent more than hurt him.

-Being controlling by nature, the Kagero clan (Dragonnewt's clan) have a hard time taking down other control clans IMO, like Link Joker and their "lock" ability, and Murakumo's ability to sap your attacking units of strength. It all comes down to who controls who the fastest.

Overall:
this unit deserves some of its hype, but not all of it. In the end, it's just another substitute to Dragonic Overlord. its a worthy 8.5/10.
Dullahan
Dullahan

Warning Level (Forum) : No Warnings
Warning Level (Chat) : No Warnings

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:
Perdition Dragon, Vortex Dragonnewt Left_bar_bleue100/100Perdition Dragon, Vortex Dragonnewt Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Perdition Dragon, Vortex Dragonnewt Empty Re: Perdition Dragon, Vortex Dragonnewt

Post by Zaio Volnutt Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:38 pm

It always makes me wonder why kageros always appear oped in my point of view but that just looks way to oped especially for a kagero.
Zaio Volnutt
Zaio Volnutt
King Of Posts

Character Sheet
Name: Ryuji Tetsuo
Passive/Aggressive: Passive
Health Points:
Perdition Dragon, Vortex Dragonnewt Left_bar_bleue100/100Perdition Dragon, Vortex Dragonnewt Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Perdition Dragon, Vortex Dragonnewt Empty Re: Perdition Dragon, Vortex Dragonnewt

Post by Dullahan Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:47 pm

oh trust me, its OP. I use this on Cardfight Area, and the thing is MERCILESS if you can pull off its skill. then combine that with either Perdition Dragon, Pain Laser Dragon or Perdition Dragon, Vile Claw Dragon, and you got yourself a nasty fight.

Perdition Dragons don't fight to control- they fight to opress.
Dullahan
Dullahan

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaio Volnutt Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:54 pm

Hence I don't think that card effect is kagero material now I'll be frequently seein kagero users on cf area
Zaio Volnutt
Zaio Volnutt
King Of Posts

Character Sheet
Name: Ryuji Tetsuo
Passive/Aggressive: Passive
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dullahan Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:13 am

remarkably I haven't seen very many people use Dragonnewt. I've seen more use Mordred Pantom/Phantom Blaster "Abyss" and I couldn't get over the ridiculous card advantage THAT produces.
Dullahan
Dullahan

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum