The Nerdalius
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
User Menu
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 129 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:52 pm
Latest topics
» The Site Has Moved!
Between Sixth and Broadway - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 11:04 am by DillPickles

» The Time Has Come
Between Sixth and Broadway - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 9:29 am by DillPickles

» Your daily ragers
Between Sixth and Broadway - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 9:07 am by Zaio Volnutt

» Naling667's Character list
Between Sixth and Broadway - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 12:17 pm by Zaio Volnutt

» Laury's intro
Between Sixth and Broadway - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 4:51 pm by Collin Cassell

» High Society Affiliation Request
Between Sixth and Broadway - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 7:27 pm by DJ Sammy

» Your Win Of The Day
Between Sixth and Broadway - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 8:21 am by Necruta

» Nerdalius Banner Tournament
Between Sixth and Broadway - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 2:00 pm by DillPickles

» Lyn's Artwork
Between Sixth and Broadway - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 3:17 pm by Lyn PixSkitt

Between Sixth and Broadway

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Between Sixth and Broadway - Page 2 Empty Re: Between Sixth and Broadway

Post by Collin Cassell Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:40 pm

Sighing, the Weapon-based class visibly deflated. He put on a somber smile for the female Guardian. "Please forgive me, Mjol," Cliff started. "But these are strange and dangerous times. How do we know such a thing is genuine if you withhold so much from us?"

The emotion displayed, while a tad embellished, was genuine. It'd been some time since he'd just talked to another player, to have the company of someone in a similar situation.
Collin Cassell
Collin Cassell

Warning Level (Forum) : No Warnings
Warning Level (Chat) : No Warnings

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:
Between Sixth and Broadway - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100Between Sixth and Broadway - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:46 pm

It was about time someone said it. Roval had worried it would have to be her. She didn't want to say anything to upset the dwarf, especially if this was how they were going to eat today.

She noticed Royoko looking over at the Lander. Someone obviously didn't know the meaning of precaution. Not that he needed it, being a Level 90. He had enough skills to get by on basics alone. Probably at least. He was alive and here after all. Maybe she'd found a proper sparring partner.

Her gaze turned back to Cliff. A smile played at her lips. It was about time she hung around someone with a proper backbone.

Seraph
Seraph

Character Sheet
Name: Seraph
Passive/Aggressive: Passive
Health Points:
Between Sixth and Broadway - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100Between Sixth and Broadway - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:49 pm

Mjol blinked. "I guess ya've got a point there. Well, I still can't ya'll come through yet, but how's 'bout this fer a peace offerin'?"

She reached behind her shield and pulled out a small parcel wrapped in brown packaging paper.
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mogeko Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:56 pm

Roy looked at the others, then back at the small package, then back at the others again. He thinks that the package is innocent enough and extends his hand to take it.

"It looks harmless. Certainly can't hurt me in town, I know that much."
Mogeko
Mogeko

Character Sheet
Name: Percival
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Collin Cassell Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:09 pm

"Thank you, Mjol." Cliff opened his Dazaneg's Magic Bag and withdrew a pouch, the clinking of coins helping break the silence. Carefully, he counted fifty gold pieces. "Unfortunately, it's not much, but I want you to know I appreciate what you're doing. Your group doesn't have to look out for the poor or guild-less." He tied the pouch back up, placed it back in the bag and held the money forward, towards her.

Last edited by Collin Cassell on Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)
Collin Cassell
Collin Cassell

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:15 pm

A bit taken aback by Cliff's generosity, Roval instead chose to focus on the package in Royoko's hands. Hopefully it wouldn't blow up in their faces. She mentally counted out the steps it would take to run back to the Lander and raise him once more. It'd take a good ten seconds to do all that, and that was the quick estimate. Though since she'd be running back, she wouldn't be in the direct line of a confrontation.

And why were they waiting for another person anyways? It wasn't like a sixth member would do anything but give them a full party. Did they need a full party for where they were going? If that was the case, proper role filling would help their needs much better than a sixth member. Two Guardians, a Bard, and two Summoners. They might be alright in the damage area, but without a healer, any expedition to anywhere might be a problem.
Seraph
Seraph

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:20 pm

"Ahh... that's mighty kind of ya, Cliff. Nice ta see some real good will around here, too."

Mjol pushed the offering of gold back. "But I can't do that. We're da charity case, after all."

She let out a boisterous laugh, the sound ringing deep. "But enough of that, who wants some chow?"

Peeling back the paper, she reached in and pulled out strips of dried meat.
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mogeko Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:22 pm

Roy is surprised that there was actual food in front of him and quickly takes a piece. He chews on it just so his body stops asking him.

Last edited by Mogeko on Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mogeko
Mogeko

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Collin Cassell Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:04 am

Cliff lowered his head and offered the money again, more firmly this time. "I'm afraid I can't do that, either. I demanded proof that you were not required to provide, and this is not related to the charity. Your rejection of payment is not only unnecessary, it is insulting to me. I insist."

He was aware how nonsensical the matter was. That didn't stop it from mattering to him. Never leave a debt unpaid, he thought. The generosity of this knight and their host would also be returned, once he found the opportunity and means.

Returning to a lighter note, the Bard beamed at Mjol and took a second piece of meat, nodding his thanks as he bit down.
Collin Cassell
Collin Cassell

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:10 am

Food was food. Anything Roval could get, she would happily take. She bit into a piece of the dried meat with a grin. The energy would do her well, especially if they had to go into a fight. She hoped that wouldn't be the case, though. This was the first respite she had in a few days. And eating without an undead lurking around was an added bonus. They made the food have a horrible aftertaste.

'Aren't you the chivalrous one,' she thought as Cliff insisted upon giving payment. She wasn't one to look a gift horse in the mouth. Taking a second piece, she munched more slowly on it, savoring the food. She would repay the generosity whenever she found out who she should be repaying.

Seraph
Seraph

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:17 am

"Ehehe, if ya insist..."

The she-dwarf pocketed the gold away and helped herself to a strip.

"Now that that's been cleared up, I'm still open to questions if ya got 'em."
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mogeko Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:22 am

A hero? That was his thoughts when he sees Cliff offer the money again. But he doesn't care, he chewed on the meat until he would be chewing on its sinew.

"Now then, how much longer will these people and I have to wait?"

He looks at the bard once more. "Your bag reminds me of a Courier's. Good to see people who still do mission for the Landers."
Mogeko
Mogeko

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Collin Cassell Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:16 am

"It's nothing special, just a couple of trinkets and some stickers attached to a standard Magic Bag." He continued to nibble down on the bland, tasteless food. Too bad it didn't even maintain its texture. "No more questions, Mjol."

Collin Cassell
Collin Cassell

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:25 am

"Well from what she's saying, we have to wait for a full party for this little expedition," Roval interjected. She pointed to each one of them in turn, counting up on her other hand. One, two, three, four, five. She wiggled her fingers. For anyone who could count, or listen to what the dwarf had been saying and follow Roval's logic, they would notice that they were one short.

"An I following that?"
Seraph
Seraph

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:31 am

"Hit tha' nail right on its head." Mjol nodded. "Sorry, but you're gonna need one more ta get in."
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Collin Cassell Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:57 am

Cliff finished his jerky strip, and tapped the stout woman on the shoulder. "I apologize, a few more things. Are we leaving the city once the time comes?" He looked around, scanning up and down Sixth Avenue for other people moving in their direction. None yet.

Collin Cassell
Collin Cassell

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:05 am

"We're still gonna be in this server, if that's what chur askin'". Mjol replied. "Shouldn't be too long now, someone should be comin' on down soon enough."

She glared at the jerky in her hands with distaste. "Wish I could I offer you somethin' better than these cardboard cutouts. Awful things, they are."
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Collin Cassell Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:06 am

He shook his head. "The food was fine, and I meant the city zone. As in, we'll be entering a possible PvP area."
Collin Cassell
Collin Cassell

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:09 am

"Gosh, I hope not." She scoffed. "At most, we've had some scuffles, but nothin' got out of hand. Mostly over fightin' for more portions, greedy little fellas."

The dwarf laughed, loud and with gusto. "Still should be plenty fer y'all though."
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:06 am

"I'm not surprised people would fight over portions, though that must cause more trouble for you."

Roval smiled warmly at the laugh, even managing a small chuckle of her own. Mjol was really starting to make her feel better. Anything was better with food and good company.
Seraph
Seraph

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mogeko Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:52 pm

"The only problem now is actually getting that 6th member. It's like a vacant lot out here."

With that said he reaches for another piece of jerky and begins chewing on that. His face stern and a tad angry.
Mogeko
Mogeko

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Collin Cassell Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:08 pm

"Since we're waiting, why don't we get to know one another a little better? A contingency plan is better than no plan." Cliff spoke, looking between the party-to-be. He waved his hand, displaying his HUD information once more. "I'm Cliff, a Bard. I use the Virtuoso build, prioritizing in weakening enemies and maintaining a front line. I only have a single healing skill, so try not to get banged up too bad and I'll be able to fix you in a jiffy once the danger passes."

He neglected to tell the party about his combat experience, or lack thereof, since the expansion. There'd be time to test later, and Mjol seemed certain of the situation. No need to worry about it just yet.
Collin Cassell
Collin Cassell

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:27 pm

"Suppose that's fair," Mjol nodded approvingly at the suggestion.

"Name's Mjol," her HUD display reappearing. "Guardian, of tha' Fortress variety. I make sure y'all don't get focused an' take tha' brunt of tha' attention. If ya need a frontline, I'm your gal."

"An' don't be afraid if ya need a pointer or two." She turned to the budding Summoner. "I may not be a mage, but I kno' 'nuff about 'em."
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mogeko Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:15 pm

"Alright then." He huffed.

"I'm Royoko, and I run with the Scarlet Knight build. Sure my defenses aren't there as large as the dwarf over here, but I can regenerate and lifesteal my health fast enough to make up for that. By putting me in the front, you'll have to worry less about having a healer healing me as long as my opponents aren't ranged."

He looks at the necromancer. "How long does that Lander stay by you?"
Mogeko
Mogeko

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:18 pm

"Tactical talk already. I like it." Roval grinned.

She pulled up her HUD once more. "I'm Roval, but please, call me Rev. If it wasn't already obvious, I've got a Necromancer build going. I've got your standard Graveyard Walk tactics going on, along with Medusa as a backup if things get too close to me. What I lack in level I make up for in combat experience."

While talking, she grabbed the scythe from her back and twirled it around in one hand. "I've been fighting off the undead ever since I got stuck here. I'll give you all three guesses as to my sub class." She smirked as she said it, proud of what she had accomplished since The Apocalypse hit. Those few near death experiences had made her a little cocky with what she could handle.

"As for your question, Royoko, it's normally a ten minute summon, though I have been wondering what would happen if I consciously tried keeping one up for longer."
Seraph
Seraph

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum