The Nerdalius
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
User Menu
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 129 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:52 pm
Latest topics
» The Site Has Moved!
The Scarlet Maison I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 11:04 am by DillPickles

» The Time Has Come
The Scarlet Maison I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 9:29 am by DillPickles

» Your daily ragers
The Scarlet Maison I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 9:07 am by Zaio Volnutt

» Naling667's Character list
The Scarlet Maison I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 12:17 pm by Zaio Volnutt

» Laury's intro
The Scarlet Maison I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 4:51 pm by Collin Cassell

» High Society Affiliation Request
The Scarlet Maison I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 7:27 pm by DJ Sammy

» Your Win Of The Day
The Scarlet Maison I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 8:21 am by Necruta

» Nerdalius Banner Tournament
The Scarlet Maison I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 2:00 pm by DillPickles

» Lyn's Artwork
The Scarlet Maison I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 3:17 pm by Lyn PixSkitt

The Scarlet Maison

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Scarlet Maison Empty The Scarlet Maison

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:15 pm

Beams of moonlight lit the courtyard, the air still with an uncomfortable calmness.

Wallachia Scarlet stood serenely by the courtyard fountain. He glanced to his right as he heard muffled, even footstep coming towards him.

A man was slowly approaching his person. He had ivory hair, styled into something that had resembled horns, matching ivory eyes and a thinly veiled smug expression. He wore a pair of purple earmuffs, each side had been etched with the Chinese character for "harmony"(和). He wore a black robe, the hood down  and revealing his identity. Black terrain boots thumped on the stone pavement.

"Good evening, milord." The man greeted. "You're looking well."

Wallachia scowled. "Enough of the pleasantries; have the results returned?"

He nodded. "Indeed. Congratulations, milord."

The noble sighed deeply. "Then it has come to pass. I shall make the arrangements for transport. I expect her to be in proper care until the preparations are complete."

The robed man bowed. "But of course, milord. We offer nothing but the finest for the young mistress."

"Very well", said Wallachia. "I bid you farewell, Shou."

"Likewise, milord."

Moments after the two had left the courtyard, a flutter of wings shook a nearby grove.
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Warning Level (Forum) : No Warnings
Warning Level (Chat) : No Warnings

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:
The Scarlet Maison Left_bar_bleue100/100The Scarlet Maison Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

The Scarlet Maison Empty Re: The Scarlet Maison

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:06 am

"Look at me. It's going to be OK."

She kept repeating the same string of words over and over again.

She was bound to a chair with flowing red tendrils, nullifying her abilities. Before her was a glowing transparent box, roughly two meters tall and one wide, holding a lone captive. Her sunny blonde hair was distraught and her former red and white dress was now torn into pieces. Red eyes cried as talons slashed at the barrier, only to phase into a haze of red mist.

"Look at me! Look at me!"

Her sister kept at it, spilling more and more blood onto her face and clothes.

"Just keep your eyes on me. You're going to be OK."

She soon halted, grinding burnt fingers against the walls. Tears trailed down Remilia's face as she saw Flandre mouth the words, "help me".

"I'm going to get you out of here, Flan." Remilia kept tugging at her restraints. "Flan, look at me. We're going to get through this."

The ivory-haired man behind Remilia nodded. Two men in full-body suits lifted the box and carried her away.

"NO! LET HER GO!"

Flandre thrashed harder inside the cage, her mute screaming only heard in her ears.

"GET AWAY FROM HER! NOT HER!" The chair fell over, sending her into the cold stone floor. "NOT MY SISTER!"

The men had nearly carried the box out of her sight, the glow of the prison illuminating Flandre's terrified face.

"TAKE ME, PLEASE!" Remilia turned to the ivory haired man, her tear-slicked face sticking with gravel. "I'LL DO ANYTHING!"

"PLEASE! PLEASE, DON'T HURT HER!"

A door slammed shut.

"FLANDRE!"
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:
The Scarlet Maison Left_bar_bleue100/100The Scarlet Maison Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:55 am

Apollo knew that he was a gifted individual; talented and strong to be acknowledged as such.

He was heralded as a prodigy in his profession and prided himself on his accomplishments.

Until now.

Never before had he felt so small and inconsequential.

'Monsters, the lot of them.'

The stone fences around the estate had become gossamer walls of crimson, imprisoning those within. The courtyard was now a battlefield of a myriad of phantoms and ghouls, clashing in the ever changing tide of white and red mists. Silhouettes of shifting shadows, transforming into beasts and men, could made out as flashes of light struck in the dichotomic haze.

So far, it appears to be a stalemate.

Despite the recent turn of events, what had truly caught him off guard was the one running away from the scene.

A pit stemming from his stomach ached with something he couldn't recognize.

Disbelief? Betrayal? If so, what betrayed him?

He needed answers. Now.

Last edited by Jain vi Bookshelvia on Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:32 am

Tara watched the developing fight from a second floor outer balcony she'd stopped to rest on after running. She'd managed to get inside and then activate her stealth suit before the stone fences turned into, well...whatever they were. They almost looked like shimmering walls of blood, but no one had that amount of power. Or apparently, Lord Scarlet did.

She tried to take as many mental notes about the fight as possible, but it was so hard to keep up with her poor vantage point, being on the opposite side of the mansion, that she had to stop not soon after she began. Lord Scarlet was one terrifying foe. Mari was also, though Tara didn't really classify her as a foe. She didn't want to have two people of that similar level on her list of enemies.

Suddenly she stopped. She pressed herself against the wall as she sensed someone she hadn't felt in years. A shocked look on her face was replaced by a somber one when she confirmed who it was.

Looks like I was on target.

She pulled out one dagger and pricked her index finger with it. She drew a small bird in blood on the ground. When she raised her hand, it raised as well.

"Bring him to me," she whispered into its red feathers. "Don't get hit. Make him follow you." It took off to the west. She watched until it flew out of sight.

She settled back onto the balcony. She drew the other dagger, then closed her eyes. A few controlled breaths later, she opened now crimson eyes and gazed out at the landscape. In the back of her mind she wondered how she'd be getting out of the mansion area. Though that was less a concern of hers than staying alive through the next confrontation.

Once she made sure she was indeed still invisible, she waited with baited breath.

C'mere Apollo, it's time for you to see the truth.
Seraph
Seraph

Character Sheet
Name: Seraph
Passive/Aggressive: Passive
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:54 pm

On a night where proverbial ghouls and monsters warred, a specter of his past descended upon him with dread.

Literally.

Apollo stared at the rust-red creature before him, innocently staring at him and making faux pecks at the ground. It mocked him, with its idle twitches and slowly hopping its way closer.

He knew it beckoned him away somewhere, to follow after it like a lost puppy returning to his master.

Biting back a snarl, he reached for his blade. His fealty was not something to be played with.

And neither was he.

With that, a soft splatter fell onto the stone tiles of the upper east balcony.
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:17 pm

Tara flinched as the backlash from the bird being destroyed hit her. It wasn't much, but the motive behind it was clear.

Just how strong is their hold?

Sighing, she pricked her finger and created a second identical bird. "Dodge his strikes. Show him proof that the first bird was for a reason," she whispered to it. It took off in the same direction.

As she watched it fly, she weighed her options. If he destroyed this one the same as the last, then she knew there would be no getting through to him. But if there was some shred of himself remaining, some part of him that remembered her, he'd follow. His curiosity about who'd be mimicking, no, slandering his past would get the better of him.

She hoped.
Seraph
Seraph

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:35 pm

Another had taken its predecessor's place. This one had proven persistent, dodging the first two attack Apollo attempted.

Oh, someone will rue for this.

He made for a forward slash, which the bird had nimbly dodged around his right wrist. Light cascaded down his forearm and shot out at it.

The animated avian managed to evade most of the attacks until a stray shot grazed its leg. It sprayed blood along his side, but he paid it no mind.

There was a charlatan to kill.
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:00 am

Another destroyed bird. Tara cocked her head. She'd felt Apollo tap into his abilities. For some reason, the birds has only succeeded in angering him. One of the most level-headed people she'd ever known seemed as if he was going to crack. A sudden thought popped into her head. As underhanded as it was, she could use that to her advantage. If he cracked, maybe their hold on him would crack too.

Their hold on her had been broken by extreme stimulus. If mental didn't work, she'd break him herself. She'd beat him within an inch of his life if she had to.

Well, you know what they say, third time's the charm.

Once more she sent a bird out after him, this one with explicit directions to stay out of range of his melee strikes. She refused to give up her advantageous position, still invisible on the balcony, unless absolutely necessary. If this bird failed, then she'd show herself, though her mind was trying to form a plan to avoid that as well. She wanted him to come to her. It'd help with the beat down if, or when, she needed to give one.

Lead him to me, Tweeters. Bring him home.
Seraph
Seraph

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:06 am

A third one.

How stubborn. Just like her-

Banishing that thought away, he glared at the fluttering thing before him.

Despite his better judgment, Apollo supposed he wasn't making progress with being petty.

'Alright, I'll humor you,' he thought. Nodding to the bird as it flew down, the assassin followed after it. 'Let's hear what you're just dying to tell me.'

Ugh, and to think he thought he'd gotten past her terrible puns.
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:29 am

He's following...

In the time before the bird returned, which felt like an eternity, Tara's confidence almost broke down and returned twice over. She almost couldn't bring herself to steel her nerves. Taking him down would be a trying task. While she'd personally trained him, who knew what he learned in the two years plus since she'd 'disappeared'. Though the same applied for her. She had a few new tricks up her sleeve.

She smiled as she thought how Apollo must have grown up. That smile turned into a frown as her mind turned to ask itself how many petals he'd gained in that time.

Standing, she faced forwards with daggers drawn, not dropping the stealth until she either knew he would attack outright or listen to what she had to say.

Whaddaya say, Apollo, willing to let me shed some light on the situation? No, that's too corny. But he'd know me best if I punned it out. Willing to see the light of day? Turn away from the dark side? They don't have cookies?

The bird landed on the railing in front of her. He wouldn't be far behind.
Seraph
Seraph

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:56 am

He could feel something was before him, a lucent anomaly that was commonly used for cloaking purposes.

Unbeknownst to whomever it was, he started to bend the light nearby. Steadily, a shape was taking form.

The attire was overwhelmingly robust, but Apollo could still detect traces his late friend in the woman before him.

She had the same lackadaisical slouch that gave no cares; the smell of copper and pastel paints lingered faintly, the odor reminding him of fonder times.

No, he had to remain professional. Apollo knew he couldn't risk himself to be distracted by the rose-tinted glass that clouded his judgment.

"Speak, worm," the light manipulator growled.
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:22 am

It truly did surprise Tara how much her former student had grown. He'd turned out well. However, the smile she had before didn't come back. She bit her tongue and internalized the pun she wanted to say outright.

Looks like I'm not worming my way out of this one.

Not realizing how he had already gotten to work bypassing her cloaking, she adjusted her hat, then pointed a dagger at him. She addressed him in a way more reminiscent of their superiors, waiting for just the right moment to strike both physically and mentally.

"Worm? Someone's lost his temper as well as his target, isn't that right Sunshine? You must be slipping."

'Sunshine'. The nickname was something multiple people used for him that had spread from her. Of course she could've used his real name, or the more personal childish nickname she'd given him, but she was saving that for when he was emotionally compromised enough to really hurt.

If that didn't set him off, nothing would.
Seraph
Seraph

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:33 am

Apollo may not have much respect for the dead, but he held his friends and comrades in the highest regard.

And this harlot goes and defiles it?

Simmering his rage, Apollo narrows his eyes at the Not-Tara. "I will give you one chance to explain yourself or I will carve your liver from your torso and force you to choke on it. And if I don't like your answer, I might do it anyway."
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:42 am

Not quite. He wasn't quite there. She had to get him less angry and more confused. Or more angry and more confused. Either or would help with what she was going for.

"What if I were to tell you that the Assini lied to you and that Azrael was alive and well? Would you still want my liver then?"

She accompanied the question with a nonchalant shrug, a side of her she couldn't remember if he'd ever seen. She'd become much more relaxed about things since she'd left the Assini. As chill as she was, her eyes betrayed her uncertainty.

Her daggers were also still as sharp and ready as ever.
Seraph
Seraph

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:51 am

Whomever this was, had disturbingly intimate knowledge.

"For what reason would my comrades lie to me for? You speak of nothing but trifles and conjecture."

He had to probe for what else she knew.
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:00 am

"Simple. They consider you nothing more than a dog who, if he knew too much, would bite the hand that feeds it."

Tara knew he'd take offense to that. The Assini considered themselves family. They knew nothing else. Neither did she, until she realized that killing people wasn't everything.

"They should start calling you Helios, not Apollo, cause for all your power you just can't seem to grasp the truth."

Insulting his pride seemed to be the way to go.

And personally, she liked her liver.
Seraph
Seraph

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:31 am

That... that wench.

How dare she? To question the loyalty of his brothers and sisters. To mock the beloved memory of a long dead woman.

Enough of this. He will not tolerate any more sullying of that he holds dear.

Distorting the light around him, he left an afterimage behind as he skulked away.

There were more pressing at matters at hand than indulging in his retribution.

Such as informing the family of this imposter at once.
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:59 am

From what Tara could read on his face, all seemed to be going according to plan-

What?

He was leaving?

No, no no no if he reported this there was a chance he'd get killed over it.

"Maddy, wait!"

There. She said it. Her personal nickname for him. Aside from Death, only teacher and student were allowed to know each other's personal names. That nickname had sprung from his.

'I will track you down to the ends of this forsaken world if I have to.'

She sped after him, trying her best to sense which way he had gone. She got the general idea, but couldn't pinpoint exactly where in front of her he was running. Regardless, she prepped a psychic blast to shoot off, depending on his response.

"Maddy!"

'Please, before I have to stop you by force. Please just turn around.'
Seraph
Seraph

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:52 pm

He nearly stumbled at that.

He hadn't heard anyone call him by that name in years.

Despite the growing ache settling in his stomach, Apollo turned to look back.

'Who... are you?'
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:02 pm

Tara overshot where she thought he'd stop and ran past him. She had to turn around. Now that he was still, she tried getting a better read on his location.

'Has he been able to cloak himself that well?'

She needed more time to properly get a lock. "C'mon, Maddy, don't tell me you've forgotten?" she asked, holding her hand out.

'Now let's see if you're still a 'shoot first, ask questions later' kinda guy.'
Seraph
Seraph

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:32 pm

Needles pricked at Apollo's pores, sweat beading at his forehead and trailing down his temples.

'Control yourself, remember your discipline. You are better than this.'

Despite his inner mantra, he turned to stare at her.

At the back of his mind, he heard someone screaming, the voice hoarse with grief and turmoil.

He realized it was his own as he lunged for the woman.
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:45 pm

His scream wiped the last bits of a smile off Tara's face. She got a lock on him just as he lunged for her throat, though the scream helped pinpoint him.

She dodged the attack, backed up, then sheathed her blades.

It was time to bring him to his senses. She'd broken him enough.

Turning towards him once more, she held out her hands.

"Maddy, it's me." Her tone was much softer, almost apologetic. "It's Tara."
Seraph
Seraph

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:33 pm

"DEFILER! DECEIVER!" Apollo screamed, arcs of shimmering light racing down his forearms. He pointed them at the harlot, firing bolts of plasma.

He could feel his heart pounding, veins becoming more pronounced as he blasted away.

"IMPOSTER! YOU SHALL RUE THE MOMENT YOU DECIDED TO MEDDLE!"

The arcs grew more dense and vibrant, enveloping the entirety of his body.

Apollo could no longer see outside his corona of light, the intensity ruining whatever night vision he once had.

That was fine. Collateral damage was no longer a concern.

All that mattered was eviscerating her.
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:15 am

Okay, maybe she broke him a bit too much.

Tara dodged out of the way of the first few blasts before realizing that she had indeed pushed him far over the edge. She honestly hadn't prepared herself for him to break this far. Containing him now was the best option. Either that, or tiring him out. She threw up a full powered psychic barrier in front of herself, then crossed her hands over her heart.

"Psych Lock release."

She could've jabbed herself with one of the needles she always carried. This was something she'd always done before a mission, however.

"Limit level three..."

He'd even been the one to suggest it as a means of her tempering her powers on a day to day basis. It was how she'd learned to not accidentally kill anyone while growing stronger.

"Limit level two..."

She could only hold the barrier for so long. If he tried anything stronger than what he was doing now, or even just kept up his current assault, he'd break through in no time.

"Limit level one..."

She hoped he'd seize up enough again to let her finish. Even a momentary lapse in his concentration would do.
Seraph
Seraph

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:21 pm

The haze in the courtyard began to clear, the two within the mist staring one another down passively.

Wallachia chuckled, bringing his hands together in a slow, taunting clap. "Well done. The reports did not do you justice."

Mari glared, her eyes narrowing into amber slits.

An erupting pillar of light pulled their attention away from one another, bits of debris falling down from the air.

A small cloud of dust hung over from the mansion's east wing, followed several more smaller flashes.

The Lord of the manor frowned. How rude, coming in uninvited.

Before Mari knew it, Wallachia was gone.
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum