The Nerdalius
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
User Menu
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 129 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:52 pm
Latest topics
» The Site Has Moved!
The Scarlet Maison - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 11:04 am by DillPickles

» The Time Has Come
The Scarlet Maison - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 9:29 am by DillPickles

» Your daily ragers
The Scarlet Maison - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 9:07 am by Zaio Volnutt

» Naling667's Character list
The Scarlet Maison - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 12:17 pm by Zaio Volnutt

» Laury's intro
The Scarlet Maison - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 4:51 pm by Collin Cassell

» High Society Affiliation Request
The Scarlet Maison - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 7:27 pm by DJ Sammy

» Your Win Of The Day
The Scarlet Maison - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 8:21 am by Necruta

» Nerdalius Banner Tournament
The Scarlet Maison - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 2:00 pm by DillPickles

» Lyn's Artwork
The Scarlet Maison - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 3:17 pm by Lyn PixSkitt

The Scarlet Maison

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Scarlet Maison - Page 2 Empty Re: The Scarlet Maison

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:28 pm

Bolts of prismatic light shot towards the imposter as Apollo focused all of his intent at her.

He had discarded all forms of discipline and training, solely firing at her like a turret.

The tunnel vision was like the barrel of his weapon, gunning her down with everything that he had.

Suddenly, all he could see was red.

An annoyed, slitted red that banished his anger and replaced it with a slow, trickling fear.
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Warning Level (Forum) : No Warnings
Warning Level (Chat) : No Warnings

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:
The Scarlet Maison - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Scarlet Maison - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:18 pm

Tara braced herself as a light bolt shattered through the psychic barrier. It shot her back into a wall.

"Limit level zero," she coughed out with a bit of blood, shaking her head. She really needed a better method of doing that. Preferably one that didn't involve her getting hurt every time. But this time she'd tried her best to make sure he noticed. Which he didn't.

Outlasting him it was then.

She surrounded herself with a psychic bubble, this one much stronger than the previous barrier, as dust fell around her. Shots of light continued to batter against the bubble. In a contest of endurance, especially with him already this spent, she was confident enough in her own abilities to take him down.

'Collectively Apollo and I have broken almost every rule in the book by this point,' she thought jokingly. 'Now all that could go wrong is if-'

A cold chill ran down her spine, the joke ruined.

'-the employer got involved.'
Seraph
Seraph

Character Sheet
Name: Seraph
Passive/Aggressive: Passive
Health Points:
The Scarlet Maison - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Scarlet Maison - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:58 pm

Surely but slowly, Apollo felt that numbing sensation crawling over his body. His form slouched and was being tugged up into the air by the back of his neck.

He hung limply there, like a marionette by its strings.

Baleful crimson eyes stared him down, making Apollo wish he could retreat into himself. Anything to get away from that scrutinizing gaze.

"So", the regal man began. "You're the little blade that's been hiding in my home. What business do you have here?"

He raised a palm, pressing it against the black bodysuit. Apollo bit back a wince of pain, feeling something thin prick deeply into him.

"My, how unprofessional of you." He taunted. "To leave a mark alive. Though, your honor is unusual. I expected you cutthroats to be more pragmatic."

The amused grin slipped away into a more chilling, empty expression. "I see. To think, you were to the one to be delegated with that chore."

That last word was said with such loathing. Apollo could not repress the shudder that escaped him.

"I suppose it would fall upon my shoulders to... reprimand you."
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:17 pm

Almost immediately Tara disappeared, activating the stealth function of her suit. She dove behind a fallen part of the wall. From there she dove to another pile of rubble, one a bit easier to see from.

It seemed as if Apollo had calmed down. Though 'calm' wasn't really the right word to use. He looked more terrified than anything.

Not that she wasn't terrified as well. There were two reasons she'd slunk off to let Mari deal with Lord Scarlet. The first was to find Apollo. The second was that she knew she couldn't win.

'Hold on for just a bit longer, Maddy.'

She began concentrating her energy. She'd need it all at once if she was to get them both out alive.

Because this time she wasn't leaving him.
Seraph
Seraph

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:27 pm

Never before had Apollo heard his heartbeat so distinctly. It came quickly, a rapid ba-thump in fast tempo.

Then, it changed.

The assassin screamed with a closed mouth as a red gash poured from his left shoulder, something felt as though it was stretching both his fabric and skin.

Pain reached a new plateau as blood splattered down around him, the murky red puddles steaming as it sizzled on the formerly cool floor.

The monster before him forced Apollo to turn his head slowly, his eyes widening at what he saw.

His shoulder was now adorned with some sort of cancerous growth the size of a fist, the flesh was pulsating with its own bizarre beat. Numerous pustules covered it, yellow slime oozing slightly from the pores.

'What... WHAT IS THAT?! WHAT HAS HE DONE?!'
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:42 pm

The scream tore at Tara's heart and broke her out of her concentration. The pain on Apollo's face wasn't something she ever wanted to see. Her eyes grew wider as she watched a strange yellow growth split out from his shoulder.

Breaking her gaze away from the scene, she pricked her finger, then drew a few tiny red birds on the ground. She had to get word to Mari that she needed help. The birds nodded and hopped past the rubble into the house. They would have to find another way around to avoid being noticed.

She regathered herself, stepped out from behind the rubble, and deactivated the cloaking field. She'd tracked Apollo down to make sure he wouldn't die on this mission. There was no way she would leave without him now. If Lord Scarlet was somehow holding him in place, she didn't know if she could get Apollo at all.

"What did you do to him?" she asked Lord Scarlet. She still needed more time. She'd stall as long as she had to. "And can it be undone?"
Seraph
Seraph

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:53 pm

Apollo seethed in shudder breaths. The pain was beyond excruciating.

He felt every little throb it made, his closed eyes tensing with each tremor.

"Ah, yes." That condescending voice began. "The other rat that crawled into my home. I didn't think you two were collaborating. Do you wish to join him?"
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:09 pm

"Collaborating isn't really the right word here. And I don't believe it would be proper of me to answer your question before you answered mine, though as you did ask, I'd prefer to not join him, thank you."

Tara lowered her head slightly, voice being as polite as she could possibly make it. She couldn't bear to see Apollo in that much pain. Except for that in the tense silence she could hear how labored his breathing had become. And it scared her.

She'd almost finalized what she was doing. But there was one more part that needed to come into play. It had to come soon.

Meanwhile, a single bird managed to reach the courtyard. It flew up to Mari, chirping incessantly. It tried to get across the message that something was terribly wrong. It flew back off towards where Tara was trying her best to keep the stand off going.
Seraph
Seraph

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:46 pm

Apollo felt something wriggling deeper, reaching into intimate places he never that he had.

"Interesting. So you call yourself Azrael. How presumptuous."

Then it twisted, causing Apollo to cry out in agony.

"So Azrael," the monster purred. "What brings you to my home? You came with that other woman, yet you two do not share the same agenda. It makes me curious."

Before Apollo slumped into unconsciousness, he whimpered feebly and choked slightly on his own spittle.
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:35 pm

It was the whimper that did it. Tara let her arms fall to her sides. Her mind was made up. She was going to get Apollo out of there or she was going to die trying.

"I came here to determine whether or not the one you're holding up was going to do his job properly," she replied. It was as much of the truth as she was going to give that man, no, that monster, without letting on why she was really there.

'Mari, please, please get the signal. I can't stall him like this much longer. I need help here.'
Seraph
Seraph

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:38 pm

The speck in the air was circling above the east wing, as did a thin layer of vapor.

It then condensed, gathering into a torso and limbs.

Mari burst through the smog around her, sprinting as quickly as she could through to rubble.

She was careless, letting him get past her guard.

That was not going to happen again.
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:43 am

"How charming", Wallachia mused. "A mother hen towards her little bladeling."

He opened his mouth to speak, only to be interrupted by the roar of something approaching. The Lord of the Manor turned to see a pale blue fireball coming down the hallway, feeling the heat from even where he was.

With a flick of his wrist, the fireball was batted away, crashing into the wall right of him. Tongues of flame licked across the carpet and wallpaper and flickered out of life.

"While I have enjoyed our time together", Wallachia leered to the source of the attack, amber eyes glaring back. "It is time to put an end to this."

To his left laid Apollo, sprawled over the lush carpet of the soon to be battlefield.
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:58 pm

As soon as she heard the incoming roar of something from down the hall, Tara sprinted for Apollo.

"It's gonna be okay," she muttered, kneeling. "I'm getting you out of here." She noticed that the yellow growth stuck on, no, coming out of his shoulder was beating to its own rhythm. It was more than a bit distressing.

She pulled him onto her shoulder, doing her best to avoid jostling whatever the growth was.

'Thank you Mari. Stay safe,' she prayed.

In the blink of an eye, they were both gone.
Seraph
Seraph

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:15 pm

'So she's got more than just than just parlor tricks. I should've known.'

Both had shared the same line of thought as they felt the familiar distortion of psionically torn space.

"You should've escaped while you had the chance, my dear." Wallachia leaned forward, a knowing sneer draped across his lips. "For now, you truly are in the maw of the beast."

The hallway began to quiver and shake, transforming into something else. The textile patterns of the wallpaper faded away, now leaking some viscous fluid. Hairs and fibers retreated into the floor, replaced by something pulsing and warm.

"Did you not think it was strange, for an estate this grand, to not have any staff or servants to maintain the grounds?"

The air grew more humid and moist, the lighting above beginning to tint red as a thin layer of membrane covered it in its film. Windows were engulfed by the shifting meat-like masses of the wall.

"The answer to that is quite simple:"

Mari turned around to see her entrance and escape was now gone, leaving only a tunnel of flesh.

"The staff IS the estate."
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum