The Nerdalius
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
User Menu
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 129 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:52 pm
Latest topics
» The Site Has Moved!
HeavyWeight Samurai Deck I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 11:04 am by DillPickles

» The Time Has Come
HeavyWeight Samurai Deck I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 9:29 am by DillPickles

» Your daily ragers
HeavyWeight Samurai Deck I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 9:07 am by Zaio Volnutt

» Naling667's Character list
HeavyWeight Samurai Deck I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 12:17 pm by Zaio Volnutt

» Laury's intro
HeavyWeight Samurai Deck I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 4:51 pm by Collin Cassell

» High Society Affiliation Request
HeavyWeight Samurai Deck I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 7:27 pm by DJ Sammy

» Your Win Of The Day
HeavyWeight Samurai Deck I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 8:21 am by Necruta

» Nerdalius Banner Tournament
HeavyWeight Samurai Deck I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 2:00 pm by DillPickles

» Lyn's Artwork
HeavyWeight Samurai Deck I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 3:17 pm by Lyn PixSkitt

HeavyWeight Samurai Deck

2 posters

Go down

HeavyWeight Samurai Deck Empty HeavyWeight Samurai Deck

Post by DillPickles Fri May 02, 2014 4:32 pm

About The Deck:
HeavyWeight Samurai is a new archtype that just recently came out in the OCG and is a deck soully based around having your monsters in defense mode as the monsters in the deck have extremely low attack but high defense. As such it uses cards to make sure it's monsters are in defense mode and their defenses are high enough to withstand any and all attacks. Yet here's the interesting thing. If you get out their boss monster the HeavyWeight Samurai get to attack while in defense mode. This renders cards like Mirror Force useless.

Deck Utility:
Common seen cards in this not so common deck are as followed.

Giant Rat
Effect: When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 EARTH monster with 1500 or less ATK from your Deck, in face-up Attack Position.
Use: It brings out your boss monster, HeavyWeight Samurai Big Ben - K, as this card only has 1000 attack.

Redox, Dragon Ruler of Boulders
Effect: If this card is in your hand or Graveyard: You can banish a total of 2 EARTH and/or Dragon-Type monsters from your hand and/or Graveyard, except this card; Special Summon this card. During your opponent's End Phase, if this card was Special Summoned: Return it to the hand. You can discard this card and 1 EARTH monster to the Graveyard, then target 1 monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target. If this card is banished: You can add 1 EARTH Dragon-Type monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use 1 "Redox, Dragon Ruler of Boulders" effect per turn, and only once that turn.
Use: Stall and a Monster Reborn for Big Ben.

Acidic Downpour
Effect: All EARTH monsters lose 500 ATK and gain 400 DEF.
Use: Increases the defense of your monsters and allows for your samurais to deal more damage while Big Ben is on the field.

Level Limit - Area B
Effect: Change all face-up Level 4 or higher monsters to Defense Position.
Use: Keeps your HeavyWeight Samurais in defense mode so you don't take damage and they don't get destroyed by battle.

D2 Shield
Effect: Select 1 face-up Defense Position monster you control. Its DEF becomes double its original DEF.
Use: Increases the defense of the HeavyWeights and makes them harder to destroy and easier for them to deal more damage.

Personal Opinion:
While this deck is extremely fun to use it's hardly consistent and as such it's difficult for you to really get a good explosive play especially with how predictable the deck is. The deck can also get really boring since you're just sitting there stalling your opponent out till either one of you decks out or you get Big Ben on the field and you're able to attack and destroy while in defense mode. Honestly this deck deck won't be seeing any meta play any time soon but if you wanna just use a deck to kick back and troll or have fun with it's a good deck for that. Just don't expect a huge win over teiring decks.
DillPickles
DillPickles
Mr. Diplomancy

Warning Level (Forum) : No Warnings
Warning Level (Chat) : No Warnings

Character Sheet
Name: Dragoon Distuba
Passive/Aggressive: Agressive
Health Points:
HeavyWeight Samurai Deck Left_bar_bleue100/100HeavyWeight Samurai Deck Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://www.nerdalius.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

HeavyWeight Samurai Deck Empty Re: HeavyWeight Samurai Deck

Post by Dullahan Fri May 02, 2014 4:45 pm

Total Defense Shogun. how could you forget that boss? its like this archetype was made for him.
Dullahan
Dullahan

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:
HeavyWeight Samurai Deck Left_bar_bleue100/100HeavyWeight Samurai Deck Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by DillPickles Fri May 02, 2014 4:47 pm

Well you see these cards don't use their attack for damage calculation they use their defense. As such these cards have a bit of a stronger attack power than Total Defense Shogan.
DillPickles
DillPickles
Mr. Diplomancy

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dullahan Sat May 03, 2014 10:09 am

But. But. TDS can also attack in defense mode, and its defense is higher than its attack.
Dullahan
Dullahan

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by DillPickles Sat May 03, 2014 10:19 am

While that is true the results are still different because of the fact that TDS still uses his attack for the damage calculation while the HWSs use their defense. Thus making these guys more effective. Why attack with 1550 when you can attack with 3500?
DillPickles
DillPickles
Mr. Diplomancy

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dullahan Sat May 03, 2014 11:08 am

Oh, really? srry if I didnt catch that earlier. I'm clearly not up to date with everything.
Dullahan
Dullahan

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum