The Nerdalius
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
User Menu
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 129 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:52 pm
Latest topics
» The Site Has Moved!
Building Your Favorite Deck Better I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 11:04 am by DillPickles

» The Time Has Come
Building Your Favorite Deck Better I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 9:29 am by DillPickles

» Your daily ragers
Building Your Favorite Deck Better I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 9:07 am by Zaio Volnutt

» Naling667's Character list
Building Your Favorite Deck Better I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 12:17 pm by Zaio Volnutt

» Laury's intro
Building Your Favorite Deck Better I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 4:51 pm by Collin Cassell

» High Society Affiliation Request
Building Your Favorite Deck Better I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 7:27 pm by DJ Sammy

» Your Win Of The Day
Building Your Favorite Deck Better I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 8:21 am by Necruta

» Nerdalius Banner Tournament
Building Your Favorite Deck Better I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 2:00 pm by DillPickles

» Lyn's Artwork
Building Your Favorite Deck Better I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 3:17 pm by Lyn PixSkitt

Building Your Favorite Deck Better

+5
DillPickles
colbyace23
yenzo007
Zaio Volnutt
Mashadar
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Building Your Favorite Deck Better Empty Building Your Favorite Deck Better

Post by Mashadar Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:23 pm

Hello everyone! I am Mashadar and I would love to hear about either your favorite deck or the one that you are using the most now that you want improved. Even if you just have a concept that you want realized, or just one card that you like and want to build a deck around. No idea for decks is stupid, I love weird and whacky as well as competitive and straight forward, so don't be shy about your ideas.

I will be the first to admit that I am no pro at Yugioh, but I do have extensive knowledge of cards and am decent at deck building. So, if you want to post either your deck or idea and what you want to happen with it I would be more than happy to give my input on it. I will even help you test the deck on Dueling Network so that we can make it into the best it can be. I want to make this topic a place where everyone who wants to improve or build a deck can come and share their ideas. If someone else has an Idea for another's deck share it!

For posting your deck all I would need is a screenshot of it from DN, but feel free to add a list if you want. Also a quick summary of what the deck does, and what you want it to do.

I guess I will start things off: https://i.imgur.com/q0HtsBi.png

This is my Doll Burn Deck, the idea is to get Malice Doll of Demise on the field with either Ectoplasmer active, or Infected Mail. Each turn Malice Doll will either attack directly with mail and be sent to the grave or be tributed at the endphase with ectoplasmer. In both cases the field is left open, I stall for a turn and Malice doll comes back to be used again. Rinse and repeat. My problem is still with consistency, I cannot reliably draw into what I need every duel. If anyone would like to throw suggestions about any techs I could have missed I would love to hear them. I would also love to hear about your decks and ideas as well! Very Happy
Mashadar
Mashadar

Warning Level (Forum) : No Warnings
Warning Level (Chat) : No Warnings

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:
Building Your Favorite Deck Better Left_bar_bleue100/100Building Your Favorite Deck Better Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Building Your Favorite Deck Better Empty Re: Building Your Favorite Deck Better

Post by Zaio Volnutt Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:25 am

Mashadar for ur deck i suggest u reduce ur spell number to 10 and add 2 more monsters and traps
heres what i suggest u add
Monsters:2 junk synchrons since ur using maxx c and swift scarecrow u can synchro underworld fighter balmung and some lvl 5 synchro monsters
Traps:Wall of reveiling light and generation shift
i hope this helps ya out

heres a deck that im working on now
https://i.imgur.com/IG0RUAa.png
The main gameplan is to summon as many dustons as i can then destroy them with card eff to summon meklord emperors
any suggestions to make this deck bit more variable pls let me know
Zaio Volnutt
Zaio Volnutt
King Of Posts

Character Sheet
Name: Ryuji Tetsuo
Passive/Aggressive: Passive
Health Points:
Building Your Favorite Deck Better Left_bar_bleue100/100Building Your Favorite Deck Better Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mashadar Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:22 am

Well Nailing thank you for your input! I never really considered trying to go offensive with the deck, Junk Synchron is quite a fun tech.

On to your deck. First off there are a few slight problems. Meklord Emperor summoning conditions are a little specific, they cannot be special summoned during the battle phase, also the destruction of the monster must be the last thing to happen in the chain or else they will miss timing. With this in mind I would suggest dropping the plasma balls since they will not be able to summon the emperors. Also I am unsure of destruct potion, I do not know if the lifepoint gain happens simultaneously or after, if it is at the same time then it should work.

I would replace the plasma balls with shining angels so that you can get house duston to the field quicker and get to clogging your opponents field. Secondly I would drop the skiels for one additional granel and wisel. Skiel just does not do enough on his own without a synchro monster on the field. Also after play testing the deck I feel that pride of the weak while interesting in theory is nearly impossible to use in practice. I would drop both for two dualities. Big one warrior is another one of those situational cards who can only really be used with house duston and kinka, I would drop him for a third house duston.

Finally I would just like to suggest a few personal cards I feel might work:
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/The_Atmosphere I love this card. So a duston cant be gotten rid of except through battle or destruction? How about I banish them for a pseudo Relinquished!

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/King_Tiger_Wanghu Summon one of your dustons cloging your hand while he is up and boom instant Meklord drop.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Regretful_Rebirth You could combo this card with house duston. Ram house into an opponents monster chain this to houses eff and bring him back while clogging the field, then at end phase you can drop an emperor, nifty no?

Anyways I am no expert on either dustons or emperors but I hope it was at least a little helpful. I really do like the concept you have going.
Mashadar
Mashadar

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaio Volnutt Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:47 am

well thanks alot i never thought of using the atmosphere for a duston deck (Its one of my personal favourites) it really helps out and perhaps we can duel each other with our new deck?
Zaio Volnutt
Zaio Volnutt
King Of Posts

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mashadar Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:01 pm

Sure thing.
Mashadar
Mashadar

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaio Volnutt Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:39 am

i got a new deck idea
https://i.imgur.com/yqiclui.png
basically its a deck that focuses on ranking up xyz monsters with astral force however i find that there is something missin any ideas to improve this deck?
pls let me know
Zaio Volnutt
Zaio Volnutt
King Of Posts

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mashadar Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:48 pm

Ok, after intense study of all the new cards in the deck I have to ask, do you realize that Geargiauger prevents the special summoning of anything that is not machine when he uses his effect? That would mean that you would not be able to summon any of your rank 4's from the deck in the same turn, leaving you with a 500 atk Auger. So first thing I would suggest would be to add in some Gear Gigant X's into your extra.
Second how are the super defense robo treating you? I built a deck around them a while ago and always found them to be frustrating, mainly due to them being hard to search with the end result being many dead hands. But if they are working well for you feel free to keep them but if you want an alternative I would suggest a machina engine with 3 Gearframe, 3 Canon and 1 fortress. This would allow you to run trade-in to help with drawing plus they are all earth and Canon's level 8 status would allow you to keep Googly Eyes and Gustav in your extra.
Finally the main focus of the deck. Astral Force. God, I spent too long looking over every possible combination that could come from using this card, and you have the best one already. Albverdich to Ingunar is the best rank-up option, but I have another you might consider. Utopia -> Strike Bounzer -> Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand. This would allow you to actually use Astral Force's second effect to recur from the grave and all of the monsters are quite solid stand alone cards.
Overall this is a very fun concept, ranking up two levels is pretty sweet. I honestly am unsure if any of these suggestions are any good or not but I hope you find some use from them. Stay creative!
Mashadar
Mashadar

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by yenzo007 Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:46 pm

and one more thing, taking dw dealings in your deck feels like an unnecessary risk cause if you happen to run into a dw-deck or any other deck that benefits from the discards, you will just help them win
yenzo007
yenzo007

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

http://www.duelingnetwork.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaio Volnutt Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:43 am

https://i.imgur.com/E97B7ld.png

main plan is to summon out big whale or superancient deepsea king coleacanth for an easy lvl 9 synchro then be used to summon out dyson sphere .is there anyway in which i can improve my chances on adding those key cardss easily?
Zaio Volnutt
Zaio Volnutt
King Of Posts

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mashadar Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:46 am

Ok Naling I have a few suggestions and one question. First the question, Big Whale's text states that it's effect triggers upon a successful tribute summon, and the only real way to do that in the deck is mausoleum, or torrential reborn. I am uncertain if he would get his effect from mausoleum because I do not know for sure if mausoleum counts as a tribute summon, I do not think it does. As for the deck we want to use the graveyard as our search so I would add in more of a rank 4 engine and cut down all the level 3 fish to 2 each, my reasoning being that we want to make lavalval chain fast to dump coleacanth fast. Also add in foolish burial in for more dumping. Then max out call of the haunted, and add in 1-2 phantom of chaos who can be used to act as pseudo coleacanths. As for big whale...... I guess adding in star blaster so that you only need 1 tribute? I mean I can see how if you tribute him successfully he is an instant dyson sphere, and that in and of itself is pure win, so the only real way to get his effect would be to dump him with foolish/chain and use reincarnation, or use chain to place him on top of the deck. Since there is no other way I can think of to add these guys to your hand from the deck I would suggest maybe 1 or 2 pot's of duality or morray's of greed, whichever you prefer, to increase your draw. I can't really think of any other way to to improve the consistency of the deck, you have a good skeleton going I hope these suggestions help.
Mashadar
Mashadar

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaio Volnutt Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:41 am

thanks for the suggestions it really helped me in a particular duel.
Zaio Volnutt
Zaio Volnutt
King Of Posts

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by colbyace23 Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:56 pm

this my Archfiend Deck any thing that will help or is it good
https://i.imgur.com/1FPMraV.png
colbyace23
colbyace23
Advanced Member

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by DillPickles Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:03 pm

I'll handle this one Mashadar.
Archfiend decks are decks built around both beatdown and self destruction. You not only possess high attack powered monsters but you gain effects from destroying them through card effects as well. Which is something you clearly understand by your deck but what your deck is lacking is a way to get a way to destroy more of your own monsters. I'd take out cards like battle mania and a hero lives for cards that destroy your own monsters. this way you can get off the effect of pandemonium and go plus more often.
DillPickles
DillPickles
Mr. Diplomancy

Character Sheet
Name: Dragoon Distuba
Passive/Aggressive: Agressive
Health Points:

http://www.nerdalius.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by duelist 45 Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:21 pm

https://i.imgur.com/HpRnTLL.png
can you take a look at my deck Mashada to give me tips on things I can improve on and this deck is mostly offense with amazing staling defense
duelist 45
duelist 45

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirua Kiragaia Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:03 am

https://i.imgur.com/Fji4XDc.png tell me if there is anything that would help the deck pls
Kirua Kiragaia
Kirua Kiragaia
Advanced Member

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mashadar Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:29 pm

Sorry people for falling off the face of the freaking earth, school and work happened and I had to take a hiatus from Yugioh. But I am back now and ready to help out with decks again!
Mashadar
Mashadar

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mashadar Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:02 am

duelist 45 wrote:https://i.imgur.com/HpRnTLL.png
can you take a look at my deck Mashada to give me tips on things I can improve on and this deck is mostly offense with amazing staling defense

Hmmmmm. I am not sure where you really want to go with the deck. Do you want to make it more competitive? Because if that is the case then it would not be a pure D hero Build anymore and would require a major overhaul, in my own opinion. But if you want it to remain a casual fun pure build that is just as good! Either way here are some helpful tips. I would drop tenacious, blade master, and all the dunkers for 2 more plasma, 2 elemental hero prisma, and 1 phantom of chaos. also I would replace the 2 dark world dealings with 2 more trade-in, and also drop the 2 reincarnations plus your mirror force for 3 Over Destiny.

Now let me explain. I have found that D heroes work best when utilizing the Diamond dude engine. The changes I have suggested are for that, I want you to be able to draw quick and dump your level 8 Heroes into the grave so that you can use one of the most broken cards for D Heroes bar D Draw, and that is Over Destiny. It is basically A Hero Lives for D Heroes that is unlimited, can special Diamond dude from the deck and allow more frequent chances to use his effect, and a quick XYZ summon after. Prisma is there also to help dump your Plasmas and Dogmas for over destiny, but also for  more options to get Destiny End Dragoon fusion summoned. Lastly Phantom of Chaos will be able to banish your discarded plasmas to gain their effects for one turn, allowing you to steal troublesome monsters.

https://i.imgur.com/lG3RbaQ.png

This is a pick of my Diamond Turbo build, just to give you an idea of what the hyper offensive side can look like. Feel free to take inspiration from it. If I did not give what you were looking for please tell me and I will see if we can make it the way you really want.

Destiny Heroes for life!
Mashadar
Mashadar

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mashadar Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:32 am

DarkChampionCaliburn wrote:https://i.imgur.com/Fji4XDc.png tell me if there is anything that would help the deck pls

Ok, I feel that we are going to need to balance this deck more between Synchroing and XYZing for the best results. First lose the daybreakers, I have tried time and time again to make them work efficiently to little success. Instead we are going to be using 3 Secret Sec Druid Dru, he is a one card XYZ and will help you search out your main boy Masked Chameleon, but I'll get to that later. Next we are going to be dropping the drill barnacles for 2 more Kagetokages, we want to focus on rank 4 and level 8 plays, not attacking directly. Now this will come down to preference, I would replace the goblindbergs with summoner monks, but if you like the way the goblindbergs have been playing then keep it the way you have it. Onto the spells, I would take out fissure, soul taker and hammer shot for 3 MSTs, because we want our extra deck to do all of our spot removal for us. The extra deck needs a little work to, you can only make level 8's with the monsters you have so take out all of the non level 8 synchros. In their place we are going to have King of the Feral Imps, this awsome XYZ can tutor any reptile from the deck meaning he can set up a level 8 synchro play. Also Number 66: Master Key Beatle, this card is terrific in any deck that can make him and if you want to fit safe zone into your deck as well can make a very hard to break wall. Lastly Number 101: Silent Honor ARK, this XYZ should be staple in all of your decks that can make rank 4, he is that good. And one other card you should think about is Jeweled Red Dragon Archfiend, he is an amazing level 8 synchro who can nuke the field.

I have other Ideas but I do not want to completely change your deck idea. See if these new cards I suggested can give you more inspiration and if you want more help feel free to come ask again. It is a good start and I hope this helps.

Stay Creative!
Mashadar
Mashadar

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Pacifica Casull Tue May 06, 2014 7:59 am

This is my favorite deck

https://i.imgur.com/vQmbO5T.png

And this is what will be my competitive deck

https://i.imgur.com/01OUlSX.png

Any help for both will be appreciated.
Pacifica Casull
Pacifica Casull

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mashadar Tue May 06, 2014 1:04 pm

Lets' see, Charmers have and always will be my absolute favorite archetype, why? Because they are cute damnit! I have attempted a million builds over my course of playing the game with a lot of fun results but about 50/50 success rate. Do you want to improve the deck in a way that will make it flow more with the charmer theme or keep your spellcaster party theme going? Which by the way I love, Blizzard Princess forever! Really man I am loving your style! Ahem. Forgive me I tend to lose it when it comes to cute things, lol. Anyways onto your competitive build, the new fantasia archetype is it? Very nice, I also immediately had to make a build of them when they were released, though my build focuses more on control with Archlord Kristya. So looking at your build I can see one major problem, no way to quickly summon a high level fairy to the field without first setting up. This is a big issue when in today's competitive scene, if you can't drop your Mozarts when you draw them that turn you will probably not be able to gain the field advantage you need. To remedy this i have 9 cards for you to consider, the first six are a high level fairies best friend, they are 3 Hecatrice and 3 Valhalla Hall of the Fallen. These    cards will help you special summon from the hand. The last 3 cards are 3 Photon Sanctuary. I have sworn by this card since it came out, while yes it only allows light monsters to be summoned, we finally had a one card token tributing engine! These cards will allow you to instantly get all your high level fairies to the field, or if you do not have them, Valhalla can special any fairy from the hand, so you could special summon Aria and Sonata and gain their effects. Also Venus with no shine balls? so she its just extra fodder for Hyperion? Lastly it looks like your Extra deck is just filler? If so, that's OK because I believe that Fantasia do not require an Extra deck to play well. Here is my build to give you an idea of where I am coming from https://i.imgur.com/cbfqDAC.png Well let me know the specifics for your charmers and I will help you with it, and you can take or leave my Fantasia advice, but I do like the fact that you use Hyperion as a boss monster, clever. If you need help testing your builds I would be more than happy to oblige, my DN name is the same as here. Anyways you embody three things I love, Charmer's, cuteness and Scrapped Princess! So i hope that I can help you reach the goals you have. Cuteness for life!
Mashadar
Mashadar

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Pacifica Casull Tue May 06, 2014 1:15 pm

Yes, it's just filler, the only card semi-useful in extra is Samara. As for Charmers, I like them all, bu Lyna and Dharc I like the most. I am glad I found someone who shares my love for both Charmers and Scrapped Princess. Owari. ^^
Pacifica Casull
Pacifica Casull

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mashadar Tue May 06, 2014 1:36 pm

Well Wynn Is my favorite, though I love them all to! anyways I have many awesome charmer combos if you want to hear them, though I do not want to take away from the fun originality of your deck.
Mashadar
Mashadar

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Pacifica Casull Tue May 06, 2014 1:41 pm

I want to hear them. There's always room for improvement. ^^
Pacifica Casull
Pacifica Casull

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mashadar Tue May 06, 2014 1:56 pm

Well Charmers show their full potential when they can use their effects the same turn they are set. To do this we use cards that allow us to flip monsters face up. The two that I have used are A/d Changer and Book of Taiyou. to go with these is the equip spell Scroll of Bewitchment, this allows you to guarantee a successful "Charming." My greatest Charmer play ever was when I was dueling Synchro Quasar. I went first set Mirror Force and Waboku and Passed. He gets first turn Quasar and i survive, my turn and my hand was Dharc, Book of Taiyou, Scroll of Bewitchment, Dark Hole and Fiendish Chain. Activate Dark Hole, negated, set Dharc, activate Scroll changing quasar to dark, use Taiyou to flip Dharc, Dharc Steals Quasar and I attack for game. Essentially Charmers play the stall game until our opponent summons a strong enough monster and then we "Entice" them to fight for us!
Mashadar
Mashadar

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Pacifica Casull Tue May 06, 2014 2:01 pm

I understand. Thank you. ^^
Pacifica Casull
Pacifica Casull

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next