The Nerdalius
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
User Menu
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 129 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:52 pm
Latest topics
» The Site Has Moved!
Hunt for the Idol. The Abyss, the Wind, and the Shadow.  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 11:04 am by DillPickles

» The Time Has Come
Hunt for the Idol. The Abyss, the Wind, and the Shadow.  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 9:29 am by DillPickles

» Your daily ragers
Hunt for the Idol. The Abyss, the Wind, and the Shadow.  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 9:07 am by Zaio Volnutt

» Naling667's Character list
Hunt for the Idol. The Abyss, the Wind, and the Shadow.  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 12:17 pm by Zaio Volnutt

» Laury's intro
Hunt for the Idol. The Abyss, the Wind, and the Shadow.  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 4:51 pm by Collin Cassell

» High Society Affiliation Request
Hunt for the Idol. The Abyss, the Wind, and the Shadow.  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 7:27 pm by DJ Sammy

» Your Win Of The Day
Hunt for the Idol. The Abyss, the Wind, and the Shadow.  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 8:21 am by Necruta

» Nerdalius Banner Tournament
Hunt for the Idol. The Abyss, the Wind, and the Shadow.  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 2:00 pm by DillPickles

» Lyn's Artwork
Hunt for the Idol. The Abyss, the Wind, and the Shadow.  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 3:17 pm by Lyn PixSkitt

Hunt for the Idol. The Abyss, the Wind, and the Shadow.

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hunt for the Idol. The Abyss, the Wind, and the Shadow.  Empty Hunt for the Idol. The Abyss, the Wind, and the Shadow.

Post by Decade Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:22 pm

Crash!!

"Hope that wasn't too loud.."

Tsukiko shook his head as he leaned down and grabbed the small bags of chips. Not long after the sun had set, a weird and sudden hailstorm appeared out of nowhere and quickly darkened the sky. Not one for staying out in the open in such a storm, he and his teammates had broken open the door on the skyscraper rooftop, and quickly took shelter inside the abandoned building to avoid the storm. Finding a large empty room, what was probably once a conference room, Cara had quickly managed to produce a small fire with some of the materials she had found lying about, in hopes to keep everyone warm.

Sadly though both she and Hibiki were still exhausted and needed rest, and it didn't help that they were all hungry, evidenced by their grumbling stomachs. Because of this Tsukiko had offered to search the building for anything he could find food wise, and hopefully scavenge some useful materials.

Nearly an hour of searching, Tsukiko had mostly found destroyed equipment, broken furniture, and entire hallways blocked off by fallen debris. Still it hadn't been for not. He had managed to find what looked to be a kitchen. Most of the food inside had been spoiled, but the equipment and materials were mostly still intact.

Including several set of kitchen knives, and some butcher knives as well inside the drawers. Not exactly the most ideal of weapons, but it was still better than nothing. And as if his luck hadn't run out yet, not long after Tsukiko had also found what looked like an old vending machine for snacks. While most of the stuff was crushed, there were still found some bags of potato chips inside.

So in fashion befitting a common thief, Tsukiko broke the glass open with a well placed kick, and grabbed what he could inside. Sure there was no clue how long the food had sat inside the machine, but it was either this or have everyone starve. And that wasn't an option.

Besides, they would need the energy for when they left.

"But where do we go from here?"

That had been one thought that had concerned him. Hibiki still had a busted ankle that would take time to heal, and Cara, while looking a lot better than she had earlier, was still nervous and scared. The fact that they were in a quiet and abandoned city didn't exactly help either case. He knew that moving now, while not impossible, was still risky and dangerous for them, especially without a set location to head towards.

Tsukiko suddenly winced as he grit his teeth and grasped at his back with his right hand.

And then of course there was his problem.

He had been ignoring the wound he had revived from that damn monster for some time now. At first the adrenaline rush he had gotten from the fighting and conflict had kept him focused and helped to ignore the pain. But when the cold of the night hit him, along with the swift wet hail that followed, the pain had returned. It wasn't something he couldn't handle, but dammit if it didn't hurt like hell. That thing had gotten a good shot.

Tsukiko was grateful he had managed to hide it from the other two though. He didn't want them worrying about him, not when they were in worse shape at the time. For now they would have to regain their strength, eat a little, and then plan their next move out. Besides, this pain was helping him as much as it was bothering him.

Because as long as he could feel it, it meant he was still alive. Still surviving.

And as long as he was surviving, he would make damn sure that Cara and Hibiki would too.

Suddenly a loud noise echoed throughout the building, causing Tsukiko's eyes to narrow and for him to whip out one of the knives he had found as he looked around at the darkness. The noise increased before leveling out, as suddenly a voice spoke up from the shadows.

A very familiar voice.

"So, everyone has found their teams? Good. Then time for me to reveal your next objective..."

Alex. Tsukiko's eyes widened slightly before narrowing again. Was he here? Was he watching them? How? Where?

"In the middle of the island is the abandoned city of Lorange. In these ruins you will find dark wooden tribal idols. Your task is to grab one for your team, and get back to the island's port where the boat will be landing in the morning. Be warned....the boat will leave in three days...whether you're on it or not. Do not disappoint us.

At that the sound faded as quiet returned to the dark building, the only other noise being the clattering hail outside.

Tsukiko remained silent, but his thoughts were running a mile a minute. THAT was their objective? Retrieve some stupid idol inside this damned city? And he waited till NOW to tell them!? And what did he mean three days!? Was he really just going to leave them all here!? What about the other teams out there on the island doing kami knows what? What about Hibiki who had a broken ankle!? What about Cara!?!

What!?

What the!?

"DAMMIT!!!"

A fist slammed hard against a cracked wall as a massive vortex of dark energy formed upon it, as it began pulling every piece of debris in the building towards it, devouring them as it did. However it soon stopped and closed in on itself, fading away as Tsukiko remained silent.

Deep breaths could be heard in the darkness as Tsukiko closed his eyes. He needed to calm down. He needed to focus. Think Tsukiko. Think and analyze what was said.

Lorange City. The city in the middle of the island. The city that he and his teammates were already at. Meaning the objective had to be close, meaning they could hopefully find it fast. And once they did, they would get the hell out of this ghost city and head straight for the shore. Because that was where the boat would be. The boat that was going to dock in the morning and stay for three days.

Three days. Meaning they had time. It didn't mean they could take it easy, but they had time!

Tsukiko's eyes snapped open as he sheathed his knife and pocketed the food as he dashed down the darkened halls and back towards Cara and Hibiki.

They would pass this stupid test. They would get that idol, get to the boat, and get off this damn island.

And he wouldn't let anything, stop them, or hurt his teammates again.

He would make sure of it.
Decade
Decade
Dedicated Member

Warning Level (Forum) : No Warnings
Warning Level (Chat) : No Warnings

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:
Hunt for the Idol. The Abyss, the Wind, and the Shadow.  Left_bar_bleue100/100Hunt for the Idol. The Abyss, the Wind, and the Shadow.  Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Hunt for the Idol. The Abyss, the Wind, and the Shadow.  Empty Re: Hunt for the Idol. The Abyss, the Wind, and the Shadow.

Post by Weiss Schnee Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:47 pm

Cara opened her eyes from the horrors she had escaped. She did a simple yawn and noticed the roaring fire. That's right...he asked me to make a fire...

The days remembrance came back to her. She remembered the creature, Tsukiko finding her, and saving her, and the darkness that followed the encounter with Hibiki. She stood up and attempted to shake off the shakiness she had. She felt safe now, surrounded by the fire and the people that would need to become her friends. She walked out of the larger room that they had decided to use as their base.

Eventually stumbling upon a bathroom, she didn't know if it would work...but the water on her face would help calm her down. She walked over to the slightly damaged sink and turned it on. Lush fluid escaped from the nozzle, and surprisingly it appeared to be safe as well.

She splashed some water on her face, attempting to forget. It's ok Cara...you're fine... She raised her head back up and caught sight of the mirror. She jumped back and barely managed to avoid shrieking. The cold, amber eyes...the flash of a blade. Blood everywhere, and that laughter...the insidious laughter that seemed to echo in her head. The image was gone as fast as it was there, and was replaced with her own face. 

She rubbed her eyes and took a few deep breaths. She was simply hallucinating...nothing more. She just had to remember what Tsukiko said...about accepting the darkness as part of her, but not as the controller of her. 

She just walked out of the bathroom when the voice started to boom. She was caught so off guard she fell backwards and ended up cutting her arm on the broken door. Blood dripped down and hit the ground as she finally realized the voice belonged to Alex.

"So, everyone has found their teams? Good. Then time for me to reveal your next objective..." Cara gasped. She was finally going to be told what they needed to do to get off this hellish island.

"In the middle of the island is the abandoned city of Lorange. In these ruins you will find dark wooden tribal idols. Your task is to grab one for your team, and get back to the island's port where the boat will be landing in the morning." Cara felt a deep breath of relief. It didn't seem that hard...besides, they were already in the city. All they would have to do is search around after the storm stopped. But that's when he continued.

"Be warned....the boat will leave in 3 days...whether you're on it or not. Do not disappoint us." And with that Alex's voice ended.

"Three days! He can't be serious!" Cara winced as she accidentally squeezed her arm. She watched as more blood came off of her arm. She had cut herself fairly deep, and the medical supplies she had found were dwindling fast. The blade cutting through the skin....the sweet satisfaction of the kill... She shook her head. She stood up and began to walk back towards the room, hoping Hibiki was finally awake.
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Chief Reporter

Warning Level (Forum) : Banned
Warning Level (Chat) : Banned

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:
Hunt for the Idol. The Abyss, the Wind, and the Shadow.  Left_bar_bleue100/100Hunt for the Idol. The Abyss, the Wind, and the Shadow.  Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Hunt for the Idol. The Abyss, the Wind, and the Shadow.  Empty Re: Hunt for the Idol. The Abyss, the Wind, and the Shadow.

Post by Zaio Volnutt Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:45 am

"This place... why am i here"

Hibiki finds himself in a familiar place as he was running from something coming after him.He was at a dead end right at the edge of a cliff as he stops to catch his breath something grabbed his leg and dragged him down with it.He tries to use his powers but to no awail as that thing was stopping him from using it.

"Dammit this cant be happening"

As he falls towards the earth he comes face to face with the "thing".its skin is white and has stitches all over its body and has a hollow pair of eyes that seems to be soulless,by the time he reached the ground he woke up.
He was drenched in cold sweat and panting like crazy.As he catched his breath he sighed softly.

"Bad dream...."

He gets up and starts stretching himself in an attempt to fully wake himself up.After that he noticed his teammates were not there.

"Where is everybody?"

He looks out of the window to find that it is still dark outside as he finishes freshening up he hears a familiar voice echoing throughout the building.

"So, everyone has found their teams? Good. Then time for me to reveal your next objective..."

It was Dean Alex and Hibiki's eyes widened by it with a barrage of questions running through his head.

"Where is he?,how did he communicate with us,is this telepathy?!

"In the middle of the island is the abandoned city of Lorange. In these ruins you will find dark wooden tribal idols. Your task is to grab one for your team, and get back to the island's port where the boat will be landing in the morning. Be warned....the boat will leave in three days...whether you're on it or not. Do not disappoint us".

As the silence returns to the building Hibiki remained silent as he starts thinking about the real objective.

"That's it?,This is all what we must do in the first place?!,and we only have 3 days to do it,damn so that's why we had to survive."

Hibiki was angry knowing full well that they were serious when they said that they will leave in 3 days wheter they reach the port on time or not."How can he say that so calmly i dont care if i were to be abandoned but this has gotten to far, i cant let my friends be left behind"

He remembers something and takes out his pendant and opens it to find a picture of his family smiling they look happy in the photo this made Hibiki more determined to go through with this remembering what he must do.

"I never failed to protect the ones i cared and im not planning on failing now and ever,i must not fall back for they are counting on me..... i wont lose.

As he leaves the room looking for his comrades he finds Cara heading for his direction.

"So you've heard huh?"

Last edited by naling667 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Zaio Volnutt
Zaio Volnutt
King Of Posts

Character Sheet
Name: Ryuji Tetsuo
Passive/Aggressive: Passive
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Schnee Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:03 am

Cara saw Hibiki exit the room. Good, he's awake.

"Yeah, I heard. We have three days to find that idol. At least we're already in the city." She attempted to hide the wound she got by folding her arms in a way in which it was covered.

"How is your ankle feeling?" She had been concerned about him since they got here, as her limited medical knowledge could only help him so much.
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Chief Reporter

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaio Volnutt Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:11 am

"Its fine the pain has lessened now that ive gotten a good night rest,"

Hibiki puts the pendant back on his neck and smiled.

"Anyway how are you holding up?"
Zaio Volnutt
Zaio Volnutt
King Of Posts

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Schnee Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:13 am

Cara sighed. "That's good to hear. I'm doing fine...how about we go look for Tsukiko?" They agreed and headed off through the dark corridor's looking for their teammate. The darkness swirled around...dancing, laughing, as the two young souls entered it's domain. The emotions, the suffering, it fueled it. Like the excitement of a kill....
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Chief Reporter

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Decade Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:47 am

Tsukiko ran. He needed to get back and inform the others. That was if they hadn't heard already. But it didn't stop him from running any less.

The dark corridors made it hard to navigate throughout the building, but he had left a trail to follow. Small holes in the walls created from his 'curse'. He had been retracing the breadcrumbs he had left behind. He wasn't far now.

However noise down the hall caused Tsukiko to halt. He stood silently, he could hear it, footsteps. They were faint but they were there. Was it one of the other two?

Or was it something else.

"Damn ankle."

Well, that answered that.

Tsukiko sighed in relief as he relaxed his stance, "Cara, Hibiki, that you guys?"
Decade
Decade
Dedicated Member

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaio Volnutt Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:58 am

"Yeah we're here i take it you heard the message too huh?"

As team meet up, Hibiki noticed something was wrong with both his teammates as if they were hurt as well

"How did i not see this before"

He shrugged the thought to prevent the others from getting concerned.

"Anyway we need to come up with a plan now before we start the search"
Zaio Volnutt
Zaio Volnutt
King Of Posts

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Decade Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:11 am

Tsukiko nodded as he looked at both of hi-

Wait.

Tsukiko's eyes narrowed sharply as he caught sight of Cara. More specifically, at the arm she was holding.

"Cara, you okay? What's wrong with your arm?"

Cara flinched as Hibiki turned to her confused.

"I-It's nothing really. I just banged it hard while I was searching around. I'm fine really."

Tsukiko's expression though never faltered. Even if she had just banged it that wouldn't require her to hold it in such a way unless she had either broken it, which he doubted less she be screaming in pain.

Or she...

"Tsukiko wha-woah hey!!"

Tsukiko moved Hibiki calmly to the side as he moved towards Cara. Cara tried to step back only for her to trip on some of the broken debris on the floor. As she fell back Tsukiko reached out and caught her hand to prevent her from falling.

Though that didn't stop the revelation of what happened.

"Woah what the?!"

Tsukiko ignored Hibiki as he turned to Cara with a worried expression. Helping her up, he gently but firmly held her arm and looked down at the cut. It wasn't deep, but it was still deep enough to draw blood, and it looked recently fresh.

"Cara what happened? Who did this?"
Decade
Decade
Dedicated Member

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Schnee Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:54 am

Cara flinched as Tsukiko held her arm. "I told you..I banged it. I tripped while I was using the bathroom and cut in on the door." She gently moved his hand away with a red face.

"I'm fine. It's not that deep."
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Chief Reporter

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaio Volnutt Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:04 am

As Hibiki turns towards his team he responded.

"Deep or not we're gonna have to patch it up before we do anything"

Hibiki takes out a bandage from the "medical kit" that was dropped on the floor.

"Now keep your hand steady ok"

[From this point forward the rest of the events unfolding occur in the Terminal City Chatbox section.
Zaio Volnutt
Zaio Volnutt
King Of Posts

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Decade Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:56 pm

From this point, the post and replies seen are in response to the events that occurred within the Terminal City Chatbox section.

"Is she alright? How is sh-"

"She's still out Hibiki. Nothing's changed. Just settle down."

Hibiki let out a loud and frustrated groan as he grabbed his head with both hands, "How can I settle down!? Cara's out cold, that THING that attacked you is still alive and capable of speaking!! And here you are acting like nothing's wrong!! How the hell are you so calm about this!?"

Tsukiko's gaze softened as he looked down at the sleeping Cara in front of him.

"I'm not."

Tsukiko heard Hibiki give a shout of annoyance and listened as his footsteps faded down the hallway. Most likely to try and clear his own head. And who could blame him?

On the outside he seemed like he was calm, but inside Tsukiko was the complete opposite. He was scared and worried. His mind was racing a hundred miles a second, trying to comprehend exactly what the hell happened.

The creature from before, the same one that attacked him, the same one that had tried to attack Cara, it had found them. It had found them, but it didn't try to kill them. The opposite, it came to TALK to them!

How!? When he had fought it before it seemed nothing more than a beast. A smart beast but a beast non the less. How the hell was it capable of rational thought to such a degree?

And what's more, why was it after Cara? It called her its' queen. What was it talking about? Wasn't it trying to kill Cara when he last saw it? It made no sense.

"The time is not yet ripe it seems....the light still exists...but all lights must go out eventually."

What did that mean? What the hell was it trying to say to them? Was it just messing with them? No, it had seemed dead serious when it had spoken. He didn't know how but he just knew. But it still frustrated him to no end.

There were too many questions and no answers. What the hell was he supposed to think about this?!

"The dark prince seems mad...did I incur your wrath?"

Dark prince....

Tsukiko gently lifted the towel from Cara's head as he gently fixed the blankets Hibiki and he had found and covered her with. It had called him dark prince, like it had called Cara its' queen. Why? What exactly was this thing after? What was it trying to say before it had run off?

He didn't know, and that scared him. Here he was, with his team, one injured, one currently out cold, in the middle of a ghost city, on a damn time limit to complete some stupid test, being tracked by some strange talking creature, and filled to the brim with so many damn and confusing questions!!

"Luke...."

Tsukiko's thoughts broke as he turned his gaze downwards. Cara flinched in her sleep, most likely dreaming about something. And judging by her facial expressions and slight shaking, it wasn't a pleasant dream.

"Luke....please...."

Tsukiko's gaze softened. Softly he reached out and brushed some of her hair out of her face, as her ears twitched in response and she seemed to stop shaking at his touch. Sighing Tsukiko's gaze turned back to the hall door, as he saw Hibiki standing there, having returned from wherever he went. Silently Hibiki walked over and sat down on the opposite side of Cara and placed the box he had found beside her as he watched silently.

Tsukiko remained silent, but as he watched both the sleeping Cara and the quiet Hibiki, his thoughts finally cleared and came to a conclusion.

He didn't care.

Whatever that thing wanted, whatever it was trying to say, he could care less about. What mattered now, what mattered to him, was passing this damn test and getting off this island with both of these people he had formed a team with.

And if anything would come out of their little 'meeting' with the creature, he would deal with it when the time came.

And would protect everyone no matter the cost.
Decade
Decade
Dedicated Member

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaio Volnutt Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:54 pm

"Shit this has gotten way out of hand first the real objective and now this"

Hibiki still cant get over the encounter of that creature who found them in their hiding spot worse still it didnt come to fight it just came to talk to those two.

"Argh where did i go wrong!!"

Hibiki releases his anger by throwing a straight right punch to the wall in the hallway.His knuckles were sore but he was finally able to clear his mind.As he calmed down he then smirked to himself.

"This is really like in a manga when the bad guys comes to talk instead of fighting it either means that they are afraid of the hero or they have something in store for him"

With that he decided that he will have to do what he can to have him and his friends leave this god forsaken island no matter what.

"I dont care if i become a hero or not im fighting for the sake of the ones i believe in"

As he heads back to the room he recalls the final words that the beast said to them.

"The time is not yet ripe it seems....the light still exists...but all lights must go out eventually."

He shrugs at the thought,without a care in the world.

"The darkness will have to wait for a long time, as long as im here i will not let that happen i will protect my friends no matter the cost."
Zaio Volnutt
Zaio Volnutt
King Of Posts

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:05 pm

Through the white noise of hail hitting rubble, a faint humming was heard; the song echoed through the empty hall.

"Apples and Honey," the woman's voice sang. "The jam in the tea is apricot."

An outline can be made in the darkness of the building's inner depths, leisurely making its way towards them.
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Decade Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:22 pm

Tsukiko's head snapped towards the doorway to the hall as did Hibiki's. They had both heard it. It sounded faint, but they had still heard it.

Humming. From in the darkness of the abandoned skyscraper.

"Tsukiko?"

Tsukiko's eyes narrowed, "Stay with her. I'll check it out."

Standing up Tsukiko drew one of the knives and slowly made his way to the door. Just as he was about to pass through the doorway Tsukiko paused, and turned his head slightly towards the skill sleeping Cara. His eyes softened slightly before closing.

"Keep her safe."

Turning back Tsukiko's eyes snapped open and his expression hardened as he quietly but quickly made his way out the room. As he moved swiftly but silently down the darkened hallways, the only sounds that greeted him outside his own, were the cold clattering of the hail outside.

And the strange humming ahead.
Decade
Decade
Dedicated Member

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:32 pm

The outline became more and more distinguished as Tsukiko came closer.

It was a woman, her build and height slightly above average. It was a rather familiar one as well...

"Oho? Is that you, my knight in armor?"
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Decade Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:37 pm

Tsukiko's expression hardened. It was getting closer. He could hear it just around the corner. Normally he'd try to hide and see what it was, try to plan his next move and prepare for the worst.

But this time he wasn't the only one involved. Hibiki, Cara, they were both hurt, both waiting. He would take a chance and do whatever he had too.

With that thought Tsukiko turned the corner sharply, knife at the ready his stance firm for whatever threat had come to them.

"Oho? Is that you, my knight in armor?"

Tsukiko's expression.....shifted from hard and cold to shocked and confused in the blink of an eye.

"M-Mari-san!?"
Decade
Decade
Dedicated Member

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaio Volnutt Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:50 pm

As Hibiki keeps a watchful eye for anything thats gonna pose a threat or that thing coming back, as he looked at Cara he gets a small but faint voice coming from his head

"We believe in you Onichan"

As he snaps back into reality he spoke in a soft and calm tone as if comforted by that voice.

"Yumi....I..."

As he stayed on his guard he then hears the humming finally stops and a faint voice was heard he coudnt make what was been said but it appears to be a voice of a woman.He then hears Tsukiko's voice he sounded surprised.Before he could call him out he stopped himself thinking that it could be a trap to give away their positions.All Hibiki can do is wait paitently and see what happens next.
Zaio Volnutt
Zaio Volnutt
King Of Posts

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:54 pm

She stepped closer into view, her attire the same as the day they had met. The only exception was the white shawl draped over her shoulders. Her hands clasped behind her back as she leaned forward.

She smiled fully, eyes closing and head tilting. "Now, what on Earth are you doing here?"
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Decade Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:00 pm

Tsukiko blinked.

How? What? Why?

"M-Me?"

Mari seemed to giggle at his shocked response. Tsukiko's face flustered as he shook his head and focused, lowering his knife and turning his gaze firmly on her in confusion.

"I should be asking you that! What are you, no better question, HOW are you here? Last I saw you I was helping you put away your stand at the academy. So how the heck are you here in Lorange?!"
Decade
Decade
Dedicated Member

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jain vi Bookshelvia Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:04 pm

She cocks a cheeky grin. "Why, I told you that I was going on a little vacation. What better place to do that than an island, all to myself?"

The blonde looks him over. "Though, that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. No matter; the more, the merrier!"

"And I got here the same way everyone else did; I walked."
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Jain vi Bookshelvia
Robe and Wizard Hat

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Decade Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:14 pm

Tsukiko stared.

He just...stared.

It was only for about three seconds but for him it felt like a damn lifetime.

Walked?

WALKED!?

THEY WERE ON A DAMN ISLAND!! AND IT WAS HAILING OUTSIDE LIKE THERE WAS NO TOMORROW!!! AND EVEN THEN, VACATION!? SHE MEANT THIS HELLHOLE!?

HOW THE!? WHAT THE!? WHY THE!?!

Mari simply smiled.

Tsukiko....just sighed and put away his knife.

"Screw it..."

Despite her giggling again he couldn't help but feel relived. He didn't get it, and frankly, along with all the shit that happened earlier, at the moment he just didn't care. Okay a lie, YES he cared and was suspicious, but at the very least it wasn't some damn monster trying to play mind games or kill them.

It was Mari-san. And while she may be.....odd, he felt she was a good person. Strange yes, but good. Plus, even if she seemed unfazed by this place, he wouldn't just let her be by herself. He wouldn't allow that.

"Let's continue this discussion somewhere not so out in the open. We set up a small camp not far from here, I'll bring you there."

"How thoughtful of you. Lead the way, my dear knight."

Tsukiko turned, hiding both his confused sigh and slowly peaking smile.

Yup.

Strange but good.

[From this point forward the rest of the events unfolding occur in the Terminal City Chatbox section.
Decade
Decade
Dedicated Member

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaio Volnutt Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:49 am

As the night is still young Hibiki looks up at the sky in an attempt to forget about what happened for just a little moment for a small piece of tranquility in his mind and yet he cant shake that feeling off the nightmare,the message from that creature and the mysterious "saleswoman" Mari all didn't seem to add up as if he was left out in the dark.

"Why did i let that creature escape,i should have killed it while i had the chance and yet"

As he contemplates on the past events he tries to reassure himself that this is something that he can handle, he was meant for this but he just feels so useless at the moment.

"What am i meant to do can i really make it happen ,can i really become a hero just being this ....weak?

As he gets further and further into depression he looks down finding the pendant still dangling on his neck he opens it ,he gets a flashback from a well known time.

"Son, i know that the road ahead of you will be harsh and challenging but im sure you can do it but remember this always stay true to your friends."

"Dad..."

With that he felt much better now, he  starts to feel tired now, he needed some rest as well.

"I guess i should have someone else takeover now"

He decides to wake Tsukiko up despite the fact that he is extremely exhausted when he fell asleep he would feel alot better counting on him.In a low toned voice he gently shakes Tsukiko up and whispers in a low toned voice.

"Hey Tsukiko wake up"
Zaio Volnutt
Zaio Volnutt
King Of Posts

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Decade Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:35 am

Tsukiko stirred. As his eyes slowly opened, a faint glowing red could be seen before fading back into a soft gold. Blinking slowly Tsukiko turned his gaze upward towards the voice.

"...Hibiki?"

Hibiki seemed to nod in response. Tsukiko attempted to raise his hand up to rub his eyes only to feel a weight on it. Grunting he turned his head down to see what it was that was pinning his arm.

Only for his eyes to snap fully awake at the sight.

His arm was pinned alright. Pinned by a sleeping cat eared girl resting her head on his lap and having his right arm pinned with her own. Her ears seemed to twitch in her sleep and a soft smile seemed to grace her face.

And.....was she purring?

Tsukiko felt his face heat slightly but quickly calmed himself as his gaze shifted from Cara to Hibiki, who looked both shocked, and at the same time, attempting to hold back a laugh.

"Say anything, and I hurt you."

Hibiki quickly stopped. Clearing his throat quietly he asked, "Right, so uh hey, if it's alright with you, mind doing the next shift?"

Tsukiko paused for a moment, only to remember that they had agreed to do shifts for the night. Nodding Tsukiko tried to get up, only to feel Cara groan and refuse to move. And her grip tighten.

".......Help?"

Ten painful minutes later

Tsukiko sighed as he leaned against the window frame and looked upon the dark city. It was still hailing out. Not nearly as bad as before, but still hard enough. It didn't bother him though. It reminded him of rain.

He loved the rain, ever since he was little. He didn't know why, but he just enjoyed watching the water falling from the sky, the dark clouds, the sound of thunder and lighting. While most didn't seem to enjoy being caught in it, Tsukiko found it soothing to him, and always helped him to clear his head.

However the hail wasn't so soothing, and it didn't help clear his thoughts out from earlier.

Tsukiko's gaze shifted to the room where his two teammates were resting, Hibiki on the floor sprawled out and slightly snoring, and Cara curled up against some soft cloth they had found; after of course they had finally managed to pry her off of him.

Tsukiko's expression turned cold as he reached into his inner coat pocket and pulled out what laid inside.

The cat-eyed orb Mari-san had given to him.

"What I hold here is a veil, closing her off from her inner turmoil. It should be enough for you to pass the exams and cloak you from those creatures. It's more akin to a faucet, leaking in small traces rather than the flooding amounts like before."

A veil, that was what Mari-san had called it, yet he felt it was more. And according to her, it was currently sealing away whatever that monster had done to Cara. It was helping her. And he was grateful for that.

He hated seeing anyone suffer, friend or no. And while he may have only recently met her, Cara was now his teammate. She was someone he was going to be working with for the next five years, so long as they escaped this hellhole. And because of that, more than ever he had felt a sense of fear inside him over losing someone.

An old and very familiar fear....

Tsukiko's eyes softened.

He had come to this city alone. He had hoped to simply find what he was looking for, a way to control his curse, and be able to go home after. Instead, he was now part of a team, with people who he had to work with and care for, trying to survive a stupid test created by a clearly insane dean. Not that it was a problem.

Despite his solitude he had always been helpful to others. He had always lend a hand or an ear to anyone in need. Just because he had to suffer didn't mean others should. He had seen the suffering, the pain, the solitude others had to endure. He had witnesses the cruelty and malice of people who looked down on others and treated them like outcast just for being different.

He hated it. It was why he pushed himself so hard to help others in need. Just because he had to endure in the dark didn't mean others should.

It was why he was so grateful to Mari-san. She had managed to help Cara out where he could not. He had felt powerless, weak, and he despised it. He couldn't do a damn thing except stay at her side, and watch her suffering through whatever had happened.

So when he had seen Cara awaken, seen her smile and no longer in pain, he had felt relived. She was safe, she was feeling better, and it looked like now she was ready to handle the test.

But....

"As I was saying, this is temporary. That turmoil will build over time; the longer she's under it, the more of an impact it's going to be when it breaks. And it WILL break. Be certain of that. Give this to her as soon as this is over. If need be, you can give it to her earlier than that, but only if it's dire."

Tsukiko's gaze hardened as it focused on the orb.

Did this orb mean it was a lie? Was that relief, that safety Cara now had an illusion? What would happen when he gave it back to her? Would she go back to the suffering and unconscious state that THING had left her in?

He didn't know, and he hated that. He felt powerless again, weak. For all the strength his curse had given him, it was nothing but an abyss of physical destruction. It couldn't help him where it mattered most; destroying the pain and suffering of others.

His grip tightened on the orb.

What was he supposed to do? What was he supposed to say to Cara when the time came? How would she react?

He didn't know.

He didn't know dammit!!

"You must not falter from your solidarity, Mr. Knight. She is not the only one at risk here. Potential is simply a term, Mr. Knight. The potential to be something great; for better or worse."

Tsukiko blinked.

"Mari-san..."

Tsukiko's grip on the orb lightened as he put it back in his inner pocket.

Her last words, he didn't fully understand them. But he did know what she was trying to do. And in that, he was grateful.

Tsukiko turned his head back to look out the window and into the dark city pounded by hail.

In the end, he'll fight. He always did. He'll fight to protect these teammates of his, he'll fight to keep them safe along with everyone else. He'd continue to help people, to see them smile, and he would destroy any form of pain and suffering they had experienced, and swallow it into himself if he had too.

Like the abyss that he was.

Three and a half hours later

Tsukiko stared down at the sleeping cat-girl.

Time to wake her up.

"....Let's hope she doesn't claw me like she did Hibiki."

Quietly and carefully, Tsukiko reached out and poked Cara's cheek.

[From this point forward the rest of the events unfolding occur in the Terminal City Chatbox section.]

Last edited by TrueHeartKnight on Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Decade
Decade
Dedicated Member

Character Sheet
Name:
Passive/Aggressive:
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaio Volnutt Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:29 am

From this point these events take place after the chatbox

As Hibiki wakes up he tries not to yawn as he finds Tsukiko asleep.He leaves the room heading for what seems to be the washroom as he opens the tap he finds it still working and the water seems clean enough.He proceeds to freshen himself up and starts contemplating on whats to come.

"Looks like this is it,about time we finish this bloody test"

As he finished freshen himself up he then leaves to meet up with the others.As he walks towards the room the sunshines on his face,for the first time in this island he was grateful for the sun to rise up the cold was irritating for him.

"The sun is up i should probably go and meet up with the others now but first..."

He decided to head up to the rooftop there might be something that he might be able to find which was useful like the first time he got here.
Zaio Volnutt
Zaio Volnutt
King Of Posts

Character Sheet
Health Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next